Author Topic: Subrace/Prestige Class requests & Guidelines - see pg 1  (Read 72968 times)

Miranda LeGris

• View Profile
Subrace/Prestige Class requests & Guidelines - see pg 1
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2007, 05:49:53 PM »
Northwest's Vampire request has been reviewed and denied.  

As a rule, we do not look to approve any vampires.  If you'd like to submit it again as a half-fiend, your chances are pretty good.
Firefly ~ You can't take the sky from me...

Dr Horrible singalong For those Joss Whedon and Nathan Fillion fans this is a must see.

NWoutcast

• Administrator
  • Sakes did it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2007, 11:55:42 PM »
There was a young widow in the south of Thay; no one paid particular attention to her. She was poor with no wealth to speak of.  She was said to be a whore by all of those around her. The village shunned her and even the men strayed from her. All she had ever wanted was a child and she would do anything in her power to get one.

The woman had decided that today was the day. According to the spell she had everything she needed. She decided to go down the list to double check. Mandrake root, five blood red candles, chalk, incense. She smiled to herself for a second at a passing thought The crowd was thin today as  she reached inside the door and grabbed her stark black cowl before stepping into the streets.

The dry dirt beneath her feet kicking dust behind her, As she walked by the market. She spoke to noone, and noone made attempts to speak to her. Though, the other women started to whisper. The widow kept her head high as the women who shunned her laughed at her, walking as night began to creep over the gray dirt and cold buildings. It was about time to make her move.

Clouds started to form, moving as if to follow her. Before her in the distance rose a large wooden structure, the sounds of children playing carried faintly with the wind.

The walk up to the orphanage was long and dull; the trees lining the path looked as if they’d been dead for centuries. The branches twisted and gnarled, curved in strange directions. The widow moved to the large oaken double doors. She gently pushed the doors open revealing a large open room with a desk in the front, currently no one seemed to be occupying it.

Before she was seen, the widow pulled a scroll from her purse and read the incantation. She felt a cold chill then everything returned to normal, the walls seemed ghostly and almost immaterial. She looked at her hands and saw only the floor. She smiled and started up the stairs toward the nursery.  She walked to the top of the stairs and down the left hallway, the sounds of babies crying drawing closer as she moved to the door. It has to be a male; she’d always wanted a son.

She opened the door to the nursery and peered in, cradles lined both sides of the room. She slinked in a paced the room looking for the perfect one. She’d always wanted a blond too, but a brunette was acceptable.  She looked down and stared intently at each male, once finished she walked back to one particular child. She studied his every feature, brown hair, very dark green eyes, a mothers dream.

He wasn’t crying like the rest. He laid there looking up and the ceiling and smiled. He’s perfect she thought.  She pulled another scroll from her purse and read it; the sound of her chanting drew the child’s attention.  After the silence spell had been completed she picked the child up wrapping it in her cloak and moving toward the door with a large smile on her face.

When she returned back to her cottage she laid the baby carefully in a pentagram shed drawn on the floor. She methodically moved around the circle lighting the red candles with the burning the incense. She then moved to her kitchen and ground the mandrake. She dipped her finger in the bowl and consumed a slight amount the returned to the circle. She fell to her knees and the visions appeared.

Fire began to rise up around the outer ring of the circle. She began to chant. Devils started to immerge from the fire and began flying in circles around the room. “Mephistopheles, I call you. Please come and grant me this wish, with this sacrifice make me a mother….”

As she ended the sentence she pulled a knife from the rags she wore as clothes and plunged it into the child, the blood running and the lines in the pentacle illuminated. The writhing body of the child burst into a purple cylinder of flame started in the chest of the child and moved outward to a distance of six feet.

Souls whirled and screamed inside the flame and a ghostly form started to materialize. A growl came from the inside of the flame and it lowered revealing a large looming figure. The skin a dark dull red, horns protruded from forehead. His hair was long and as black as midnight, large bat wings could be seen coming from his spine. He turned his glowing red eyes to the widow and smiled his fanged smile. “It took an act of pure evil to summon me here. Your sacrifice is…..acceptable.” He moved over to the widow. She'd backed away until coming to a wall. What have I done…. Was her only thought.

Mephistopheles reached out with his hard hand and grabber her by the arm pulling her toward him, he ripped off her rags. The room went dark after that, she woke the next morning in agony, pain shooting though every limb of her body. She remembered nothing of the previous night; all of the spell components were gone. The widow raised her head looking at the ceiling, the pain unbearable.

She looked down and saw that her stomach looked as though she’d been pregnant for eight months, but how was that possible. Her husband died five years ago. She felt something moving inside her, watching her stomach pulsing. Then a rip, the fluids spilling out, she screamed out in horror, but fluid had filled her lungs So it was nothing more than a gurgle. Her last sight was a baby boy, one that she so desperately wanted, but would never have.

That is the story of my birth. They sent me to live at the orphanage. I am Zypher, you’ll hear of me soon enough.

{Editz by Zodi}

Chyelle

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2007, 07:16:45 PM »
:arrow: Outcast - you got an okay on the half-fiend.  I cannot say I agree at all with the heritage, but I do not see a problem with you playing a half-fiend.

Shynzaar_rahl

• View Profile
Request for Drago
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2007, 04:27:45 AM »
Char: Drago Halle
Race:Halfling
Class:Rogue

New to the server was curious if I could make this char as a ShadowDancer. I intend on doing at least 10 lvls with SD, and understand the class lvl min. Not sure if you need more then this not really used to posting threads. Other than that I am Enjoying the server so far and am impressed by the Other players Rping.

Miranda LeGris

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2007, 05:26:21 AM »
Welcome to LotN Shynzaar_rahl !  

We usually like to see new players strut their RP stuff for a while before we approve special classes.  Please come on in and enjoy the server.  Give about 30 days and then resubmit your request.  

Glad to see new faces, welcome again!

DM Daisy

Dr Horrible singalong For those Joss Whedon and Nathan Fillion fans this is a must see.

jl23

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2007, 06:35:22 AM »
I'm thinking about re-making Al Shand into a form that doesn't suck. In order to simplify things, I'd probably just start him over all together. After giving build some thought, I think shadow dancer might be the way to go instead of as many rogue levels as I went with him in his current form. He would have at least 10 lvls of the prestige class. This was a character that communicated usually via nodding his head and shrugging in the past. Shadow dancing seems completely logical given his established personality and is also somewhat more mystical than rogue, seeing how he was never a very typical rogue in the first place. I can write more background for you if people feel it would be helpful.
jl23/jllolp

Chyelle

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2007, 06:32:32 PM »
If you are requesting a shadow dancer, then, yes, it would be more helpful.  Please refer to the format for requests.

Thanks.

jl23

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2007, 12:46:43 AM »
More I think about it, screw it, I'll just go asn instead of sd. I really only sd when it's in conjunction with asn anyways and that's not something I could pull off well in this character with only 25 lvls. Using Fighter as a base he wouldn't even be able to take asn lvls until 13 or 14. So, I'll just withdraw my request and save us all the effort. Thanks.
jl23/jllolp

Chyelle

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2007, 05:34:37 AM »
Good luck and have fun!  I am enjoying my first assassin!  Who also is my first Arcane Archer.... fun combo.

Gy

• View Profile
hello
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2007, 06:40:48 PM »
hi, my pc is Gy, I played here a while back earlier this year. I started with my char then took a long break as I transitioned jobs.  I'm back now and had a wonderful experience that I am sure has me back for good. My char is an elf with polite intentions but a lust to see the world without having to be harmed by it. He sticks to the rear of the pack when with other, using his bow and clinging to the shadows. It would be cool to be allowed to play a shadow dancer. I would be goin' for it more on the idea that he is attempting to whitness the stories he's always read of.... from the shadows. -Gy

Miranda LeGris

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2007, 04:39:03 AM »
Gy, I have posted your request to the DM forums for discussion.  We'll let you know within 5 days if not sooner.

DM Daisy.

theMannequin

• View Profile
    • In your wildest imagination
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2007, 07:26:32 PM »
Player Name: Flavius Apollo
Character: Shani Wennemein
PrC Request: Red Dragon Disciple.  Whether or not the PrC is accepted, I would like to rp Shani's bloodline.  Really not concerned about getting the plethora of skills attached to the RDD PrC, but thought it would be nice to add to the background.  As for said background....

Reason for request:

The hawk-headed god that was known to most as Horus-Re studied his readings carefully from the ornate, golden book that rested on an equally ornate pedestal.  An invisible hand seemed to turn each onion skin page as he would finish.  His eyes never left their study, as he went over name after name after name.  All these, written herein, those who needed justice, and those who would call out for vengeance.  Years ago, Horus-Re had put such a champion on Toril, and she performed exactly as he would have hoped.

Many of his kin demanded he pick someone of pure heart and devote faith, but Horus-Re pushed those arguments aside.  The heart of a paladin was not what he sought.  Paladin's would only become more corrupt, possibly insane, with the duties he needed to have performed.  And so, his champion would be nothing more than a simple rogue, a songstress of agile feet and nimble limbs.

Shani Wennemein was his spy.

You do realize, that she is so much more than that.  The voice came out of nowhere and everywhere all at once.  It's serpentine hiss eerie in the stillness that was Horus-Re's home.

The God of Vengeance never took his eyes from the book, but merely scoffed and took a deep breath.  Didn't I tell you the last time that you were not welcome here, he seemed to grumble, even though his frame remained the same stoic presence.  You are most annoying.  Even for an old, dead, wyrm.  Cyranus.  As he spoke the name of the long dead great wyrm, his voice dripped in acid.

The old wyrm chuckled in a gravelly voice.  She was mine well before you ever set eyes upon her.  God of Vengeance.  There was a sarcastic tone in the dragon's voice as he spoke with the hawk-headed god.

I knew she would be coming into this world long before you crawled out from your egg, Cyranus.  Even if it was just the disembodied voice of the old wyrm, Horus-Re still found him incredibly annoying.  Your actions merely propelled my own faster.  I guess then, I would have you to thank for this.

The rumble of laughter could be heard, and for the first time since the old, dead wyrm had made his presence known, the God of Vengeance looked up from the book of names.  Cyranus was not actually in his realm, merely a disembodied voice, one that disturbed Horus-Re, and in turn made him angrier.  You have come here and taunt me, wyrm.  Or do you actually have a purpose for this... intrusion.

Oh, indeed there is, God of Vengeance.
 The great wyrm's voice seemed to become almost a whisper as he spoke.  Ironic, isn't it, that you're tool of vengeance was once mine.  And revenge, can be oh so sweet.

--------------------

As has been role played, Shani died and was brought back, becoming a Champion for the God of Vengeance.  But waaaay before that, Shani was tricked by Cyranus, forced to drink of his blood.  So this goes back a long, long time.
“Thet's what I'm gunnin' fer.  Panny.  Kin ya check an' see if Ming's over at the church.  Git 'im an' bring 'im here.  I got me a godsdamned plan!"  Shani Wennemein, from I Am The Law, The Adventures of Black Mask & Pale Rider.

Miranda LeGris

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2007, 10:53:16 PM »
Gy:
we usually like to see new players strut their RP stuff for a while before we approve special classes. Please come on in and enjoy the server. Give about 30 days and then resubmit your request.  A more extended background and basis for the class really helps us have a clearer picture of what you have in mind.

Thanks,

DM Daisy

Miranda LeGris

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2007, 10:55:09 PM »
Flavius,

I've posted your request for an RDD on the DM forums.  We take 5 days to vote on it.  We will let you know!  :-)

DM Daisy

Miranda LeGris

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2007, 03:24:11 AM »
Edited first post in thread to show guidelines for these subraces/prestige classes to clarify things :-)

DM Daisy