Author Topic: Login Refused/Item Equipped  (Read 4094 times)

Wids

• View Profile
Login Refused/Item Equipped
« on: July 05, 2013, 02:54:31 PM »
Hello again.

I'm having a problem with logging in here.  I was playing with Malag and romping around on a bounty hunt (through the Bat Caves because, hey, it's close by).  The server started lagging at some point on my way out, my client crashed and when I tried to log back on, I got denied with an "Item equipped with an item level disallowed by server restrictions" error message.  Further attempts to log on run into the same block.

The only thing that I can think of was that before leaving the OOC area, I had the Helm Guy combine the bonuses from Malag's Helm of Minute Seeing with her Lesser Gauntlets of Ogre Power.  Either the Helm Guy did something buggy or he bumped the Gauntlets up to a Level beyond Malag's Level without unequipping them.  But if the gauntlets are the problem here, then how can I unequip them so that I can log on with Malag if I can't log on with Malag?

What can I do here?   ???

NWoutcast

• Administrator
  • Sakes did it.
    • View Profile
Re: Login Refused/Item Equipped
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 05:38:55 PM »
If you want I can try loading up your character and strip the items in question. Now were you getting the error before going IC or was this even before you logged into the OOC area?

Wids

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 10:00:35 PM »
It was after I was in the game.  The server had reset, so Malag left the OOC area (after that visit with the Helm Guy), then she visited a few merchants in the camp to replenish her healing kits and "orcish throwing blades" (masterwork shuriken).  Then she checked the bounty boards, and I decided to pick up a petty criminal in the Cave of the Bat before going after a minor criminal in the Old Tomb.  Malag killed the petty criminal and took her head, then dropped off the server while heading for the exit.  And that's where I started running into the error.

Apparently Malag had gotten dropped by a minor server crash, because when my new Monk checked the bounty board, none of the petty criminals were dead with bounties pending.

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure that the problem's with Malag's upgraded gauntlets.   :-\
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 10:02:18 PM by Wids »

Wids

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 03:04:34 PM »
Oh...this issue has been resolved, by the way.  Thanks, Outcast.  :)