Author Topic: Subrace/Prestige Class requests & Guidelines - see pg 1  (Read 72696 times)

Chyelle

• View Profile
Subrace/Prestige Class requests & Guidelines - see pg 1
« on: January 21, 2006, 07:30:27 PM »
Edited by DM team 27/8/12

Subrace rules

1. The following subraces are available without DM approval:   

Aasimar, Tiefling, Half-drow, Genasi and Half-fey.

2. All other subraces require DM approval, a post should be made in the player requests forum.

3. Players should be aware that playing certain monstrous races may lead to extra RP conflict.  You should not expect to be able to play a Half-drow unmasked who is welcomed into the community with open arms.  On the other hand, the standard rules of PvP apply, the player should be given the opportunity to leave to avoid pvp if they so choose.

4. All subraces are purely cosmetic and for RP purposes.  No subraces will receive special abilities or altered stats without DM approval.

This is the thread to post any player requests that pertain to subraces or prestige classes.

The more information, the better, and we will put any requests up for a vote by the DM staff.  Voting can take a bit, with varying schedules and the like, so please, we appreciate your patience.

Edited by DM Daisy 11/5/07

We will post your request and get back to you with in 5 days.

GUIDELINES FOR SUBRACE/PRESTIGE CLASS REQUESTS:
PRESTIGE CLASSES:

-- Purple Dragon Knight (PDK):  Amended - A PDK is no longer a restricted class.  BUT, it is a simply a knight class , not necessarily from Cormyr.  We felt the class itself doesn't lend itself overly to abuse, thus opened it to all players, but didn't want a flood of Cormyrian knights that wouldn't really fit in our setting and storyline.

-- Shadow Dancers: Take 1 bard/rogue/ranger/monk/assassin/BlackGaurd level per SD level and must take at least 5 levels in SD.  Esentialy, one for one.. For every level in your stealthed base classes you must also have a SD level.  (Exp: 5rogue/5assassin/10ShadowDancer.   Exp2: 5rogue/5ShadowDancer/10 fighter)

They will still require DM permission to play, but the doors are open once more. 

-- RDD: Take 1 bard/sor level per RDD level and must take at least 5 levels in RDD.  One for one once again, for every RDD lvl you want you must have a bard/sorc level to match it.  With a minimum of five in both.  Exp: 10Brd/10RDD.   Exp2: 5Sor/5RDD/10Fgt

They will still require DM permission to play.

-- Harpers still require permission to play.

**If you are a new player, generally we like to see you around Role playing about 30 days at least before we would consider any special class requests.

Thanks!  And good luck!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 05:02:26 AM by Kattze »

Chyelle

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 07:30:53 PM »
Player name:  eojyzarc

Valorvir - Dark Fist

Race: Dark Elf
Sex: Male
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Deity: Vhaeraun
Eyes: Blood Red
Hair: Silver
Skin: Black
Height: 5' 2"
Weight: 118
Significant Markings: Right Arm is pure black and reflects very little light. Left arm is tattooed in a crimson spider web sleeve.

Random Notes:
- Member of the Blackened Fist (Monk & Assassin, Shadowdancer Monastery/Guild)- Hates Lolth & Her Priestesses, more so than other drow males.
- His "female companion" worshipped Elistraee (Sin'Talae), she was slain by his mother (Not Matron), then she had him imprisoned and scheduled for execution for his herecy.
- Guildmaster of Blackened Fist helped Val escape his house. Good candidate for an assassin.
- Has a certain hatred towards any elf, drow or not. Humans are also a hatred of his, they assume too much.
- Teleporters (portals disallow metal in Undrek'Thoz)
- Blackened Right Arm (Blackened Fist Member)
- Frequented "The Set Foot" (Inn in the underdark owned and run openly by a human nonslave)
- Lived in Brundag & Sshurlynder
- His hatred from Lloth supercedes all.
- Is in Camp due to rumors of drow night raids near by. What better
way to slay Lloth's minions when they're isolated from their natural surroundings.
- Does not speak common, or elven very well. Just Drow, the cant, and a few slave languages.

Chyelle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 10:49:48 PM »
:arrow: Player name: eojyzarc [Valorvir - Dark Fist ] Go ahead and have some fun.  Make sure you keep him true to your plan... :)

Chyelle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 05:16:55 AM »
Hey chy,

Last time i said i was going to request an Aasimar you said i wouldn't be in my right mind.

If I RP the character as best as I can with yours and everyones permission would i be able to create an Aasimar?

I would make him have :

Alignment: Lawful Good, as all Aasimar should be
Deity: Tyr ( and possible have a birthmark on his stomache in the shape of Tyrs sysbol)
Eyes: metallic silver eyes
Hair: Bright Blonde hair, perfectly kept all the time
Skin: bright flesh colour, always perfect with no scars
Height: 6' 4"
Class: Paladin, of course

He came to the land because he believed his skills were needed in this land in order to prevent it from falling under the evil reign of the banites. He fights evil at every corner and will never cease to fight it, will never party with an evil characer.

well i hope this is okay, just pm if you want to work anything out wiht me or reject it. it's okay if you do reject it, it's just that i'm obsessed with Aasimar's and Paladins.

Thank you
Bradlz

Chyelle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 05:17:55 AM »
More from Bradlz:

Okay lets see

Notes on his past and what he values:

-Is a member of the Knights of Holy Judgment, he focuses more on magical abilities then Combat abilities.
The order focuses on the more lawful aspects of Tyr’s philosophy, and hunts and punishes criminals and lawbreakers, particularly devils

-He aspires to become one of the "Hammers of Grimjaws" - elite paladins in the service of Tyr
- Never knew where he came from, was brought up in a Temple of Tyr. Possibly put their by one of his parents from the plane of the Triad
- Hatred against any Evil doers and Demons
- His weapon focus is on Warhammers as Tyr's favoured weapon was a warhammer.
- speaks very little celestial and speaks common like Knight.
- Came to the camp when he heard of Bane's army marching towards it. As we all should know Tyr, Ilmatar and Torm all dislike Bane.
- Is not a Demigod, just a leader of men in these dark times.

Chyelle

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 05:18:37 AM »
:arrow: Bradlz, approved.  PM any dm with questions.  Play it well and enjoy.

Ike

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2006, 08:17:18 PM »
I hope this is the right thread...

Player name:  Ike T Awesome

Anthony Lyonall

Race: Half-Elf (Draconic Creature: 1/4th Silver Dragon)
Alignment: Neutral Good
Deity: Torm
Eyes: Crystalline silver
Hair: Dark Brown
Skin: Farily dark tan
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 158
Significant Markings: Silver eyes with pupils that narrow in bright lights (think cat eyes), some scaley patches on his arms and legs (though those are usually covered up)

Random Notes:
- Anthony is the son of a half-human, half-silver dragon man and a sun elf; thus, his base race is half-elf.
- His subrace is "Draconic Creature" which can be found in the Races of the Dragon sourcebook, pp. 74.
- Draconic Creature stats: +2 STR, CON, and CHA. +1 Natural AC. +4 saving throws vs. paralysis and sleep effects. +2 Skill bonus to intimidate and spot checks. Level Adjustment +1.
- Whether or not he has the bonus stats isn't important, just so long as I can roleplay the character the race he's supposed to be.

theMannequin

• View Profile
    • In your wildest imagination
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 01:27:51 PM »
A long, long time ago....back when the boards had a different look and a different URL...I inquired if Sylith Argith could obtain (or I could start leveling him) Harper Scout levels.  It was cleared to go at the time.  I am just wondering if I have to re-request it.
“Thet's what I'm gunnin' fer.  Panny.  Kin ya check an' see if Ming's over at the church.  Git 'im an' bring 'im here.  I got me a godsdamned plan!"  Shani Wennemein, from I Am The Law, The Adventures of Black Mask & Pale Rider.

wynter_feline

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bekkerstead
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 07:22:30 PM »
I'm pretty sure you were cleared for go.
Thank you for supporting this imperialist establishment. Enjoy your purchase and have a racist day.

Oscer the Rogue

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2006, 12:26:33 AM »
Char Name: Baelwyn
Race/class: Hell Bred Paladin/CoT

When an evil being repents at the moment of death, when they’ve realized their folly at the last moment -- when it’s too late to undo it all.  These final moments do not go unnoticed; a select few are given a second chance.  

Hell Bred are few and far between.  They are champions of good, brought back from the hells to undo the evils they helped sew during their life-span.  Willing slaves to whatever god sired their creation, a demon by flesh; human by heart; soul.  (Fiendish Codex II)

As Baelwyn breathed her last, her heart cried out to undo what she had done.  Cut down after the Llast Massacre in which she had aided in the slaughter, the aftermath rung clear before her eyes.  It was a mistake, if peace was to be this was certainly not the way to bring it about.  

She had to only speak to stop their blades, but she couldn’t find the words within her.  It was only once she had severed the head of Brynn did she realize what those words were, all to late.  

Her soul milled about the layers of hell as many corrupted souls do, until it was salvaged by Corellon Larethian.  The words that never escaped her lips did manage to escape her soul.  Her regret, and a plea for an attempt at redemption did not go unheeded.  She was returned to the moral realms, and given her second; final chance.

I intend to start over at good ol' lvl one.
~When your day is long.  And the night..When the night is yours alone.  When your sure you've had enough, of this life.. hang on.  Don't let your self go, cause everybody cries.

Everybody hurts.. sometimes.~

-R.E.M.

jl23

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 02:56:52 AM »
It's not often I get the itch to play characters afflicted with the good alignment, so when I do I just go with it. I've been toying with the idea of an Aasimar for a few months now and I finally have something resembling an idea (rough). I would like to make one probably based off of an elf and for his profession I was thinking fighter/wpm using a two bladed sword for 15 or so attacks per round after he got all of the necessary feats. Lawful good would be his alignment for the simple reason that I finally have an idea as to how I might play it and not just be another annoying paladin. I guess he'd be sort of paladin like, but instead of the divine mandate comming from outside as is usually the case, his would be from within.

Whole reason I've posted this is because I'm still slightly lacking in knowledge when it comes to a lot of the planar nonesense. I've read all there was to see in the library of Roid (which is probably often overlooked as a cool place to hang out, I might add), and I've looked a little online. I'm just looking for some way to make the background seem a little more real and not the absurd cliche I'm still not convinced it isn't. So, please, by all means, feel free to share any planar wrinkles you might want to because I'm in the market for ideas.

Thanks.
jl23/jllolp

Eowarion

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 04:50:13 AM »
Account: Eowarion

Request is for a subrace: Aasimar (Because I've never played one so far as I can ever remember, except one time in a tabletop game... which ended up with a TPK in two sessions)

Pertinent information:

Name: Gidon Aviv
Class: Fighter/CoT (planned anyhow)

Features:
-Golden hued irises
-Feathered Wings

Bio/History:

Gidon was born into a family in Waterdeep.  His "father" being a member of the guard (his true father, actually a planar being in service to Torm, who, aside from siring the child, was never in the child's life), and mother a seamstress of some note, he lived a fairly comfortable life, though it was far from "normal".  His unique features, made him a popular target for other children to poke fun, and bully.  And as such, at an early age, his parents, in order to "protect" him, kept him within their home as often as was possible, and whenever they would need to go out with him, he would have a far too large cloak, draped over his shoulders, in order to hide his unique features.

To further aid in keeping their son safe, Gidon's father taught him how to fight.  At first, nothing more than simply using his fists, but as Gidon grew, he began to teach him how to use the bow, and several types of bladed weapons.  Though his mother did not approve entirely of the weapons training, she could not deny his affinity for it, and as such, allowed her son to continue.

By his teen years, Gidon was a swordsman of some skill.  Being able to hold his own against his father.  But this was not enough, and by the time he reached adulthood, he was ready to travel, seeking teachers, and seeking a path to teach himself skills beyond what he already knew.

(Alright, I'm tired, and bleh, so if more is needed, I'll give more later, for now, this shall suffice)

Chyelle

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2007, 10:03:13 AM »
Sorry Eow for the delays.  We thought, with your prolonged absence, we could make good use of the time to discuss some related issues.

Not whether or not you are capable of RPing a special request, we know you can and have done so... its more along the lines of how many of these special requests do we want out there?  Seems they come in floods... and knowing when to say when is a slippery slope.  We in no way wish to offend you or anyone who requests, but we are trying to establish a happy-medium kind of thing.

I will re-light the fire though, and hopefully we can have an answer off to you soon.

I do appreciate your patience and hope you are finding lots of productive ways to spend your down-time.  You are missed.

cale frost

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2007, 05:24:48 AM »
At this moment Eow its a no. We will continue to talk about requests but right now we think that your drow is your requested Character.
To love the one who loves you, To admire the one who admires you, In a word, to be the idol of one's idol, Is exceeding the limit of human joy; It is stealing fire from heaven.

Delphine de Girardin

tacticalillusion

• View Profile
Request is for Prestige Class: Shadowdancer
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2007, 09:56:34 PM »
Account: tacticalillusion
Name: Coryn Sirfalas
Class: Monk/Shadowdancer

Request is for Prestige Class: Shadowdancer

I want a play a monk which would be good at using his fists and be great at dodging the enemy. I would be taking at least 5 levels of shadowdancer and not taking any levels in it until at least level 19. I am not taking the class only for HiPS. I wish the stupid skill had a timer for more balance myself like in NWN2. This was the only template for a monk I could come up with for the storyline I have planned. The only way I can get the skills I need elsewise is by taking 10 levels of rogue. Which would not give me enough levels in monk.

Race: Elf
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Deity: Azuth
Eyes: blue
Hair: Black
Skin: pale-skinned
Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 135

Azuth
Alignment (AL): LN
Domains: Illusion, Knowledge, Magic, Law, Spell
Portfolio: Wizards, mages, spellcasters in general, Monks (Shining Hand)

Coryn Sirfalas was born and raised in Baldur’s Gate.  At a young age his parents were killed by a drow raiding party. Coryn vowed from that day forth he would take vengeance on the drow. His uncle took him in after his parent’s death. At a young age Coryn was taught martial arts from his uncle, a local well respected monk in Baldur’s Gate. Coryn quickly found himself to be very skilled with the fighting techniques of unarmed combat. He also studied the art of hiding in the shadows which he was determined to use against the drow darkness magic.

Coryn’s uncle decided the best place for him to train would be with the monk’s at the Temple of Azuth, Lord of the Shining Hand Monks in Waterdeep. Coryn excelled at the temple since he was trained in martial arts. But he was much more interested in becoming an adventurer than a monk of a monetary in a small town. So he decided to head north in hopes of finding a new adventure.