Author Topic: Player-Character Housing  (Read 5716 times)

Wids

• View Profile
Player-Character Housing
« on: March 15, 2016, 02:26:19 PM »

So what's the current housing situation, by the way?

1)  Is there any list of all the housing units in the server world, available or occupied?

2)  What would their sale prices be?

3)  Are there any periodic rent dues, minimum log-in frequency requisites or other conditions of continued occupancy?

4)  Wasn't there some feature in the OOC entrance which would take a character directly to his or her home instead of to the Camp, Neverwinter or Mirabar, or am I mistaken?

Thank you.  :)

Tails1879_

• Administrator
  • Raggle Fraggle!
    • View Profile
Re: Player-Character Housing
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 03:17:59 PM »
1)  Is there any list of all the housing units in the server world, available or occupied?
Not an official list, but just about every player house begins with "Player House - ", so putting together a list isn't too hard. Over a year ago, I did put together a list of housing that would be considered 'abandoned' since the players don't come around anymore, for the sake of pruning which can be found here. These housings actually have not been removed and are still in the module. Just need a key.

2)  What would their sale prices be?
I'm unsure about making each house purchasable without modifications, but I'd imagine the pricing would still be the same as listed here. I'd even put a discount on them since they're not being built, but that's something we'll have to negotiate.

3)  Are there any periodic rent dues, minimum log-in frequency requisites or other conditions of continued occupancy?
Nope to all of that! Unless we decide to do some pruning, the housing will stay. If it is pruned and you want it back, just send a copy if we don't have one and we'll work it out.

4)  Wasn't there some feature in the OOC entrance which would take a character directly to his or her home instead of to the Camp, Neverwinter or Mirabar, or am I mistaken?
Yup! The portal in the OOC area by the merchant is designed so that if a player has a key to a particular guild or player house, you can warp there as your starting point instead of the usual three available. We'll just work it into the dialogue.

Thank you.  :)
You're welcome! If you want, I'll put together a more comprehensive list and/or provide a tour.
"Patrolling the North almost makes you wish for an Aurilite winter."

Wids

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 04:04:50 PM »
The tower by the High Road seems promising, and there are about four houses in the Hillside Housing area.  I'll have to think things over.  Thank you.  :)

I don't recall seeing any apartments in Neverwinter, but I'll look around a bit more.  And where's Daisy's Bed and Muffin, anyway?

Wids

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 06:07:26 PM »
Oh, another possibly important question:  Is it one house per character or one house per account?  Because I have quite a few characters on this account, and I'd hate to eventually become a "housing hog."  ;)

Tails1879_

• Administrator
  • Raggle Fraggle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 06:43:15 PM »
I don't recall seeing any apartments in Neverwinter, but I'll look around a bit more.  And where's Daisy's Bed and Muffin, anyway?
The apartments is actually a large player house, which was shared between Shanra, Haley, and Shades' character "X". That one would be most difficult to justify selling, sadly, but maybe a new one could be made. ;) That is located in the City Core, west side, next to the river.

Daisy's Bed and Muffin is located on the small island in southern Port Llast, reachable by using the row boat. It's more of an inn, run by Daisy the halfling traveler. There was the idea of simply making it an accessible inn, too.

Oh, another possibly important question:  Is it one house per character or one house per account?  Because I have quite a few characters on this account, and I'd hate to eventually become a "housing hog."  ;)
The current rule is one house per player. Debatable at this point considering the population, but we don't want to clutter the server with too many private locations. I'd ask the others before trying to get more than one place.

Neutral_Zone

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 03:56:57 PM »
We recently modified the rule to allow two houses per player, actually, since our active playerbase is currently quite low. Don't worry, you won't clutter up the server. We're also happy for you to give us directions as to where to insert a new transition to your house, if necessary. Just make sure it's not in an idiotic place.

Tails1879_

• Administrator
  • Raggle Fraggle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 03:46:46 AM »
We recently modified the rule to allow two houses per player, actually, since our active playerbase is currently quite low. Don't worry, you won't clutter up the server. We're also happy for you to give us directions as to where to insert a new transition to your house, if necessary. Just make sure it's not in an idiotic place.

Whoa, when and where was this? You mean I could have made the Raynsford Estate all this time?! Or Lyanna's magic mansion?!

Brb, booting up the toolset.