Author Topic: Item Name/Rename tool  (Read 3170 times)

SharpGn2

• View Profile
Item Name/Rename tool
« on: March 10, 2016, 01:50:39 AM »
Hello there!

My first post is a request (how needy!!!  :-[ ) but I am curious if it would be possible to obtain a widget that allows one to Name a created Item, or rename an existing one. My primary reason for this is firstly because customization is always awesome! - but mostly because I have an up and coming Merchant character, and would like to name the Item's she sells for some needed advertisement (also to add flavor to rp and such).

I was also curious if a Description widget exists to edit the description of an item as an afterthought

I don't see any harmful effects coming from this, as after all it just names something, and cannot add attributes illegally... so I'm hopeful you'll agree it comes down to whether or not such a widget is a possibility?

Neutral_Zone

Re: Item Name/Rename tool
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 04:04:11 PM »
These items do exist, but are for DM use. There are potential abuses for these, so we prefer to keep them in the hands of the DMs (Also they don't work in the hands of a player anyway.). It is possible for me to create a version of the widget that does work for players and does not have the potential abuse issues, but that will come much later since I have other building priorities (Which I will hopefully get to in the coming week.).

That said, if you want any items to have custom names/descriptions you can either request a Leto for it, or ask a DM (I'd be happy to do so if I'm available, though as a word of advice it is generally frowned upon to bug DMs about DM stuff when they are logged in as players. But I'm nice like that.).