Author Topic: Summons System  (Read 20743 times)

Neutral_Zone

Summons System
« on: June 27, 2015, 03:07:08 PM »
OMG it's finally here! :o

I feel guilty for putting it off for so long.

Anyway, the new summons system is finally implemented. It's not complete, so don't be surprised if you select anything other than an elemental or an animal and you summon the curse of the naked dwarf.

It is, however, workable. You can access the new menu from the Class Abilities section of the Rest Menu, and the rest is pretty self-explanatory.

Oh yeah, a note: Some folks (mostly clerics right now) will get improved summons; that is, for a certain type of summon, they'll be able to summon a creature one spell level higher than they would normally summon. That said, the exact combination of classes/feats/etc to allow you to get improved summons is specific to each type - I'm not going to spoil them, since it's all rather iffy right now and I might change the way it works.

I'll be adding in more summons (the ones already marked in the menu) as time goes on. For now, though, it's a prototype and I want to make sure there's no problems before I go ahead and make the rest.

If you don't like the new summons or you miss your fenhound (you wuss), you can still use the old summon tokens in the meantime.

There are a couple slots in the summons list with an * next to them. That means I have no flippin' idea what kind of monster to put there, so if you have any ideas let me know.

Also, please provide feedback on how the summons are. Are they squishy? Are they too strong? Do they get stuck? What features would you like to see?

New Features Coming Soon:
- Bonuses for arcane casters with school specialization or focus feats.
- Special tokens for DMs to give to players to 'unlock' certain summon types.
- Undeaders. Grr. Argh. Ungh. Brains.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 03:10:28 PM by Neutral_Zone »

Darkzealot

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Summons System
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 03:14:40 PM »
Darkie approves, and shall conduct thorough investigation into these matters.. as soon as he lands on American soil on thursday. Till then, he shall casually investigate these matters.
"You get the award for the most characters clogging the veins of the server, building up like a plaque filled aorta"- DM Daisy.