Author Topic: Player and DM Playing Times? When do you log in?  (Read 4548 times)

plenzdorf

• View Profile
Player and DM Playing Times? When do you log in?
« on: August 08, 2014, 03:20:05 PM »
As I look forward to another year of work in the academic world, I also foresee having less time to spend on LOTN, particularly during weekdays. For this reason, and because it's the community that makes LOTN so excellent, I'm wondering what times people play?

In particular, groups for dungeon runs in the level 10-15 range and DMs willing to run ad hoc quests or simply RP with players interest me (and dork-side-of-the-farce).

Generally, we can make it on some weekdays after 3:00 pm GMT-8 and stay till 5 or 6, and on Fridays-Saturdays we're more flexible, barring other plans.

When does everyone else generally log in?

Apologies if this should be posted somewhere else.
Characters: Corrum O'Coron Cleric of Shevarash

Poof-Poof Cracklekins, Wizard a few cups short of  a dinette set!

"The only people who inveigh against escape are jailers."

--J.R.R. Tolkien

fealhach2008

• "I hope that's chocolate."
    • View Profile
Re: Player and DM Playing Times? When do you log in?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 05:16:11 PM »
I work on a rota, so my days vary. I'm fairly flexible in my hours unless it's a 'school night'. Usually for me it's early morning (6am to 10pm GMT) and evenings (5pm GMT to however-long-I-can-stay-awake).

Weekends are a problem since Saturdays are pnp roleplaying nights, which can run late into the night (8pm to 2am GMT).

Would using LotN's Facebook for notifications help?

Tails1879_

• Administrator
  • Raggle Fraggle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 05:51:35 PM »
I'll be starting up class in a few weeks, but the time I sign on is about the same anyway, though I won't be up as late as I'd normally be. Monday through Friday, I'll be available at 7:00 PM GMT (That's 3:00 PM EDT for me), while having the weekends free if nothing comes up those days. Closing time will definitely have to be around 4:00 AM GMT (my midnight).

Currently, I'm available at 6:00 PM GMT (2:00 PM EDT) every day, with varied attendance and staying up to some terrible morning hour like... 6:00 or 9:00 AM GMT (3:00 or 5:00 AM EDT).

I don't use Facebook right now, but I'll catch folks as I happen across them.
"Patrolling the North almost makes you wish for an Aurilite winter."

Darkzealot

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 03:13:38 PM »
I have barely had any game time for a long time, so many thing that keep demanding my attention, and often my real life friends pulling me into playing other games when I do have time off. Right now, all I can say is that I am more likely to randomly appear when there are people on, but also that the closer I get to my moving date and the weeks following, I will be less likely to be on again.

So in short?
Darkie appears in random encounters.
"You get the award for the most characters clogging the veins of the server, building up like a plaque filled aorta"- DM Daisy.

plenzdorf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 08:39:43 PM »
Nice to know when folks are able to be on! Sounds like some days/ night will definitely synch up between all our schedules.
Characters: Corrum O'Coron Cleric of Shevarash

Poof-Poof Cracklekins, Wizard a few cups short of  a dinette set!

"The only people who inveigh against escape are jailers."

--J.R.R. Tolkien

TheMadPoet

• Dungeon Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 12:25:40 AM »
When I notice more than 2 people on I usually jump on as a DM if no one else is to run small tidbits here and there. Hope to see you around.