Author Topic: Cannot connect to Master Authentication Server.  (Read 4303 times)

Tails1879_

• Administrator
  • Raggle Fraggle!
    • View Profile
Cannot connect to Master Authentication Server.
« on: July 03, 2011, 05:10:38 PM »
While I can still play online, it is a bit of an odd issue. Self explanatory, I can no longer connect to the Master Server whenever logging in to Gamespy, which seems to (for the most part) delay logging in. This has been happening for days, now. If anything, I'm simply curious: Is anyone else here getting the same issue?

Also wondering if this has something to do with the rather recent legacy BioWare security breach, and if it will have an effect on any future account creation.
"Patrolling the North almost makes you wish for an Aurilite winter."

Linna Vot

• +80 CON
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot connect to Master Authentication Server.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 10:27:06 PM »
Tails, it didn't click for me when we were talking about it the other day. I have actually been getting this problem on and off for as long as I've been playing LotN. Seems that a delayed login is the only result, though I just figured it was something that happened from time to time and never really wondered about it.
Rawr.

tsunami282

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot connect to Master Authentication Server.
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 01:08:43 AM »
The Gamespy server outage is an effect of the Bioware forum hackage a couple weeks ago. Here's the last official message I could find on it, from Aaryn Flynn at Bioware. It was posted on June 23rd, I think:

Quote from: Aaryn Flynn
Due to the recent hacking of our legacy NWN servers we have disabled the NWN master server which manages game authentication. We are currently retooling our NWN authentication process and will have a new server up as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience while we make these improvements to our systems.

"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." -- Abraham Lincoln