Author Topic: Useful Bits  (Read 3494 times)

Neutral_Zone

Useful Bits
« on: February 18, 2011, 11:45:56 PM »
Howdy! In this here topic you'll find a bunch of useful tools, haks, overrides, etc. that I've made over the years.

All items available for download here.

• LOG FILE SAVER
A simple little batch script that renames and saves NWN log files with a datestamp.
Note that you may need to alter the directories if you don't have NWN installed in the default folder. This program will work in Windows only.

Please note that as of NWN:EE I can no longer launch the program from a batch file (it crashes), so you'll have to run this manually when you close NWN. If anyone figures out a way to auto-run it when NWN is closed or terminates, let me know!
Alternately, you may be able to use Rainmeter to run a script for it. I've yet to put that together.

Since NWN moves to a second log file after the first hits 2.4 Mb, and so on, I've added in some extra redundancies in case your log files get extra big. Three log files will contain about 30 hours of active game time. The program will also apply NTFS compression if available to shrink the saved logs - the compression ratio is about 3:1, so your logs will be about 1 Mb for 12 hours of active play. This includes combat logs.

EDIT: Updated 2018-04-22 for NWN:EE
Fixed an issue where datestamp was depending on system settings; all logs will now be saved with the timestamp format YYYYMMDDHHmm. Also fixed an issue where the same log could be duplicated.

• CHAT EXTENDER
A basic override for NWN:EE that widens the chat bar so you can fit more text per line. Pick whichever version suits you best.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 03:29:24 AM by Anoran »