Author Topic: Finding / Logging into server Issues  (Read 4679 times)

Strangelander

• View Profile
Finding / Logging into server Issues
« on: January 19, 2011, 04:41:57 AM »
recently was playing and was booted from game (as a gamespy timeout error and disconnect message)

Upon attempting reentry, received message that the server could not be found.  logged into gamespy menu and Legacy of the North was no longer listed or cached.

Reentered the direct gamespy-less action (+connect legacyofthenorth.game-host.org) and received message that the server could not be found.  This is not the first time this has happened and only recently did I start playing on LotN again as I saw it listed again in the gamespy directory.

Please advise what the correct access address is or if there is a workaround available for those who do not wish to use gamespy (for some reason LotN regularly disappears from the directory).  Thanks.

Edit:  I was able to manually locate the server on gamespy directory by narrowing the servers appearing in the directory (lower rightmost selection) to those hosting module named Legacy of the North (with spaces and capitals) which then DID display the game hosted on Unnamed Server with a numerical host dns.  Posted for info followup.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 04:50:06 AM by Strangelander »

Kattze

• Administrator
  • No! Not the bees!
    • View Profile
Re: Finding / Logging into server Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 05:20:48 PM »
Server was pronably reset and nwnx has an issue if the computer loads too fast it cant set the server name quick enough.  Can someo e with remote access please fix the name on nwserver.exe? At an airport right now and remote access wont work here and i probably cant get to it until tomorrow.
THOSE ARE MY SHOES
GIVE THEM BACK
YOU ARE A DOG
THEY DON'T EVEN FIT

tsunami282

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 11:34:53 PM »
Reentered the direct gamespy-less action (+connect legacyofthenorth.game-host.org) and received message that the server could not be found.

That link is no longer valid. Use +connect nwn.lotn.info.

I've fixed the server name, it should display on the Gamespy list again.
"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." -- Abraham Lincoln

Pathseeker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 12:08:05 AM »
what Tsu said - it has worked for me ever since the server changed :)

Neutral_Zone

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 02:14:39 AM »
I believe +connect lotn.servegame.org:5121 also still works. It's the one I've been using for ages. Never had any problem with it (unless of course the server really is down).

Sometimes the dedicated server resets some of the settings and the server gets renamed back to "Unnamed Server".

Occasionally, the server might crash (Typical issues to do with maybe a router or the ISP, but it happens to everyone...), and thus might be missing for a couple minutes. It shouldn't take long to reappear. I do know it happened around the time you posted this topic (Twice in a row, actually) but it seems to have resolved itself.