Author Topic: Automatic Fails  (Read 4835 times)

fealhach2008

• "I hope that's chocolate."
    • View Profile
Automatic Fails
« on: August 06, 2009, 08:52:10 PM »
I've just been on playing my paladin Lia and I noticed in the House that she was failing her Will saves against the (DC 19) Hammer of the Gods spells that were being thrown at her. Lia's Will save is currently +22 and she was failing on natural 1's which I was told was once an automatic failure that was removed from the server because it made the Zhentarim death spells...well deadly. Is this just a temporary thing?

Tails1879_

• Administrator
  • Raggle Fraggle!
    • View Profile
Automatic Fails
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 09:28:13 PM »
A few of the server settings appear to differ from the original settings, yes. Effects can now be viewed on other players and NPCs, and I don't think leveling up guarantees the maximum hit points either.

A few of the values, if I'm not wrong, need set. Under the nwnplayer.ini:

ShowDMJoinedMessage=0 (So DMs can log on quietly as before)
Max Hit Points=1 (No more silly 're-rolls' for half an hour straight, one also previously used)
Saving Throw Automatic Failure On 1=0 (A confusing one to some, but the one that fealhach2008 refers to, and that I recall)
Examine Effects On Creatures=0 (Prevents people from viewing bonuses and such on other NPCs and PCs)
"Patrolling the North almost makes you wish for an Aurilite winter."

PinkEvil

• View Profile
    • http://www.keramika.dk/
Automatic Fails
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 10:06:29 PM »
Tails is absolutely right.

In other words, this is due to us having a new temporary host who didn't get the correct ini file.
Mistress of Guf

NWoutcast

• Administrator
  • Sakes did it.
    • View Profile
Automatic Fails
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 01:45:47 AM »
Ill see if I can locate the correct ini file.

Shade6.7

• Dungeon Master
    • View Profile
Automatic Fails
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 11:40:45 PM »
They should be fixed now, let me know if they are not.
Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!