Author Topic: Loot broken?  (Read 3985 times)

za1000101

• View Profile
Loot broken?
« on: July 25, 2009, 10:23:47 PM »
I've been playing here for a while and when I first joined the loot worked like this: Loot chest, return a couple hours later and loot again with slightly lesser quality. It seemed the loot ripened over time of not being touched by anyone.

Well yesterday I was on the server for the better part of 12 hours and the chests I looted in the morning were still empty for me when I wet to sleep. I've also noticed getting a ton of chsets with like 2 gold in them or sometimes even less.

By the way there's a few broken chests that always spawn exactly the same loot. One of the spider cocoons to the left of the mushroo in the camp bat cave always spawns a singular amethyst. And the chest just to the right of the throne in the front of the undead tomb always spawns 2 potions of clarity, a scroll of magic weapon, and 41 gold.

Just thought I'd inquire about this stuff.

Also if you guys need help with anything related to building, or debugging/spell checking (I've noticed quite a few mispelled words, which is no biggy but tends to break immersion) feel free to hit me up. I'm pretty handy with a toolset and I've been DM'ing and playing D&D pen and paper style for about 9 years now.

fealhach2008

• "I hope that's chocolate."
    • View Profile
Loot broken?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 06:31:41 AM »
The empty chests might be due to the swarms of low-level characters we've gotten lately descending on them like locusts.

ZippyConspiracy

• Dungeon Master
    • View Profile
Loot broken?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 07:51:31 AM »
All chests are set up with variables which tell them where to pull their loot from. If they always have the same loot, then it is entirely likely that they are built to do just that. I'm not sure how accurate this information is (because I have not personally checked) but I believe there is a timer of some sort set for each chest so that you can not loot them again within a certain amount of time, or if you did it would give you 0 - very crappy loot. Loot also does not respawn immediately if someone else has just been in that area.

Also if you guys need help with anything related to building, or debugging/spell checking (I've noticed quite a few mispelled words, which is no biggy but tends to break immersion) feel free to hit me up. I'm pretty handy with a toolset and I've been DM'ing and playing D&D pen and paper style for about 9 years now.

I would love building help. What type of builder are you?
As for the typos and such, that is exactly the tedious type of thing that I looove to do and fix, so please don't be afraid to let me know about it!!
Oh stuff'n'fluff!
Legacy Portrait Pack: {Last Updated: March 5, 2011}
If you have portraits you would like for me to add to the pack, please send them to ZippyConspiracy@live.com

tsunami282

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Loot broken?
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 11:03:48 PM »
Quote from: "za1000101"
And the chest just to the right of the throne in the front of the undead tomb always spawns 2 potions of clarity, a scroll of magic weapon, and 41 gold.

That chest is specifically built to spawn what it does. Except the gold. The gold amount is based on NWN's random number generator, which is known to be less than random. It'll probably always spawn 41 gold for your particular character, but if you make another character and go check it, you'll find it gives a slightly different amount.
"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." -- Abraham Lincoln

za1000101

• View Profile
Loot broken?
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 11:23:37 PM »
true enough, and i understand what it spawns because of the bosses aura of fear.

What about the cocoon in the spider cave that only ever spawns a single amethyst? *gets jipped* lol