Author Topic: Nathell's Bad Day  (Read 4245 times)

fealhach2008

• "I hope that's chocolate."
    • View Profile
Nathell's Bad Day
« on: July 08, 2009, 12:39:06 PM »
I was playing my paladin Nathell Willenson and summoned his mount. I looked on all the radials and noticed there were no mount actions so I checked his feats list and Mount Actions is missing.

I've checked all my other characters and they have the Mount Actions feat, just not Nathell.

He reached his destination, Westing Lokk, on foot and was then refused service by the quartermaster. He's been a member of the order for about two years in-game, is there a badge or something he needs?

I just thought the quartermaster was a shop in the waiting.

Linna Vot

• +80 CON
    • View Profile
Nathell's Bad Day
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 09:17:54 PM »
there is a badge for the quartermaster and the temple shops
Rawr.

fealhach2008

• View Profile
Nathell's Bad Day
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 05:37:04 AM »
Ahhh, okay. It probably doesn't matter now: it's almost 1383 DR in-game and so only about a year away from when Tyr MURDERS Nathell's deity Helm.

It would be nice to get his horse working though for the final year before he becomes an angry, broken vagabond without divine powers! :evil:

Jocularity

• Dungeon Master
  • I'm on an Adventure!
    • View Profile
Nathell's Bad Day
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 07:04:44 AM »
Lol, i don't know if thats going to happen on LotN. If We were going to do the 4e changes, Mystra would already be dead, we'd have the spellplague nightmare, and everyone playing Arcane classes would be completely screwed.

Granted, it would be Awesome to live through that stuff, but it just isn't practical on a PW.
"I didn't know they make Glow in the Dark Escalators..."

Linna Vot

• +80 CON
    • View Profile
Nathell's Bad Day
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 09:49:25 PM »
plus it'd take about seven years to roleplay all that out >.>
Rawr.

Sakes

• Probably my fault.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Nathell's Bad Day
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 10:38:45 PM »
Meh.  I don't like it.  

It introduces plot elements our character's aren't the heros of (specifically because other characters elsewhere are).  You could have characters react to such things but thats never as fun as if they're directly involved.

Plus, there are a lot of things on the official stories I dont like.   For instance, the entire drow Patheon is now wiped out save for Lloth, which I find incredibly boring.
DM Cat is watching you roleplay.

fealhach2008

• View Profile
Nathell's Bad Day
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 05:19:49 AM »
Plus playing a pure paladin's hard enough  with divine grace,shield,might,etc.; playing without any of them would suck.

I've been told the horsey thing's getting looked into so thanks team.

za1000101

• View Profile
Nathell's Bad Day
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 10:26:25 PM »
actually I doubt that the helm and mystra deaths are directly related to the neverwinter surrounding camps. so it wouldn't take any effort to kill them off and roleplay it happening. people would wander around befuddled about why they've lost their powers or are having any other troubles lol. It would be VERY amusing even though I play magic users :( lol but I'd enjoy the event nonetheless.

machmoth

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Nathell's Bad Day
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 09:47:07 PM »
To sort of parrot Sakes, if you read or listen to various D&D developers' comments, they say that a lot of the deaths and shuffling happened between editions (much the way the Time of Troubles, the closest comparable event, happened just prior to AD&D launching) because they don't directly involve the players.  They wanted, with the launch of the new edition, to sort of wipe the slate a little, have a lot of things that the players don't have much hand in get out of the way, and move to the background or phase out lot of high-profile NPCs that had become more important than the PCs.  They wanted to remake a world that was a bit of a mess, with the players ending up in the driver's seat.  To try and catch up with the official timeline in-game would be quite counterproductive to that aim.