Author Topic: 1 gold?  (Read 12889 times)

Kattze

• Administrator
  • No! Not the bees!
    • View Profile
1 gold?
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2008, 11:24:36 PM »
The issue isn't whether its not RPish to not loot bodies or for the corpses to have just one gold piece on them.  It's actually a bug that I'm glad was brought up.  We have a chest of stuff the corpses are meant to sometimes drop and a random number of gold.  Unfortunately we've had some issues with the gold dropping as just one piece.  It wasn't intentional.

The changes to the corpse drops was meant to:

1.  Remove any +4 and +5 ability bonus items the default system was allowing drop.
2. Encourage people to loot the corpses instead of leaving them littered.

Number one was a success but number two has caused the complete opposite.  Not looting your corpses is frowned upon but when you know every mob holds either of the following:  Ring of Jade, Ring of Cyan, Ring of Crimson, 1gp.. then there isn't much incentive at level 25.  I will say again that yes it is bad not to loot it but it is tiresome to do so.  BUT WE ARE TRYING TO ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO LOOT.  One monster carrying 50gp is better than 90% of mobs dropping 1gp.  It will be fixed to lower the percentage and up the incentive.
THOSE ARE MY SHOES
GIVE THEM BACK
YOU ARE A DOG
THEY DON'T EVEN FIT

Haldadae

• View Profile
1 gold?
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2008, 01:17:24 AM »
I would just like to take this opportunity to gently suggest that there be Dwarven Waraxes in those marvelous loot tables you are so diligently concocting. :D

Kattze

• Administrator
  • No! Not the bees!
    • View Profile
1 gold?
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2008, 02:11:59 AM »
A 'happy-fun-time marvelous' endgame item got made for all weapons last update :) You can thank Oscar for those!
THOSE ARE MY SHOES
GIVE THEM BACK
YOU ARE A DOG
THEY DON'T EVEN FIT

Torin

• Builder
    • View Profile
1 gold?
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2008, 09:40:41 AM »
Quote from: "Zodiac"
I've had to rely more on imagination in CoH then I ever did in NWN. It's refreshing.

Thats nice, maybe you should stick with CoH, Zodi.

Seriously, some of the shit you complain about. How often you get high and mighty, then whine on the forums "Forget it, we all know all i do is bitch!". How many times do you need to touch fire to know you'll get burned?

theMannequin

• View Profile
    • In your wildest imagination
1 gold?
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2008, 02:44:22 PM »
Hey Torin.  How about instead of bashing, you just, I don't know, say nothing.  Seriously, if all you can do is complain about someone else's post then maybe you shouldn't post at all.  I gave up arguing with you (until this one) because it's the equivalent of bashing my head against a brick wall.  And I'll get further with the wall.

Back to topic...

I was always under the impression that really, you loot the bodies to cut down on server lag.  So it took a few extra seconds, oh well.  I ended up a bit further ahead for my efforts and managed to clean things up.

However, as Kattze mentioned, it was a bug and now it's being fixed.  I do like the suggestion Hald makes, however, as Dwarven Waraxes were seriously lacking on the server in comparison to long swords and rapiers.  Same with bastard swords.

sits back, and waits for the inevitable predictable action...
“Thet's what I'm gunnin' fer.  Panny.  Kin ya check an' see if Ming's over at the church.  Git 'im an' bring 'im here.  I got me a godsdamned plan!"  Shani Wennemein, from I Am The Law, The Adventures of Black Mask & Pale Rider.

Haldadae

• View Profile
1 gold?
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2008, 04:05:39 PM »
Yes! :mrgreen:

Sakes

• Probably my fault.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
1 gold?
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2008, 09:43:43 PM »
Please keep things constructive.

Thank you.
DM Cat is watching you roleplay.

Zodiac

• View Profile
1 gold?
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2008, 10:10:57 PM »
*keeps mouth shut on Torin's comment and ignores him*

I only have mean things to say so rather than clutter this thread up with BS that will only get deleted. I'll be the bigger one here and not say nothing at all.

Zodi thinks dwarven made weapons of all kinds would be awesome. Not just the axes. That's the only constructive thing I can say here.

NineCoronas

• View Profile
1 gold?
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2009, 03:11:58 AM »
Quote from: "Torin"
How many times do you need to touch fire to know you'll get burned?

Quote from: "Sakes"
Please keep things constructive.

Thank you.

That was pretty constructive.
"A dagger in the night is worth a thousand swords at Dawn..."
Characters
Saares'si Bregthe - Scribe of Candlekeep, Slayer of the Magic Dancing Pants

tsunami282

• Administrator
    • View Profile
1 gold?
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2009, 03:59:57 AM »
Can't we all just get along?

*lockdown*
"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." -- Abraham Lincoln