Author Topic: The Map of Faerun, Toril  (Read 9501 times)

SCC

• View Profile
The Map of Faerun, Toril
« on: August 27, 2006, 01:31:24 AM »
For anyone who ever needed or wished to see it, I've found a very detailed map(and when i say detailed, it's got everything down to the place where a halfling dropped a gold sewing needle). Now it -is- a bit crowded only because it's got everything listed, not to mention it's ---huge!---, but it's a great map. Enjoy. (forgot to actually list the site at first >.>)

http://www.angelfire.com/planet/torilmap/

"You can never be bored with Fantasy. You need only move on to a different part of it to keep the Dream alive."

LastWordz

• View Profile
The Map of Faerun, Toril
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 05:27:09 AM »
Just an FYI - this a pre-3e version of Faerun - there were moderate changes since then.  A complete map can be found on Wikipedia, which I've posted up previously.

But good find nonetheless.
"Hindsight is wonderful -- it shows you how you busted your skull . . . after you've busted it. " --- Friday, R.A. Heinlein
"Schoolteacher -- lost that job when they caught me teaching the kids the raw truth; a capital offense anywhere in the galaxy." ---- Time Enough For Love, R.A. Heinlein

SCC

• View Profile
The Map of Faerun, Toril
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 07:36:12 AM »
Meh...I guess it's the thought that counts? >.> Oh wells...at least it's a nice looking map  :roll:

"You can never be bored with Fantasy. You need only move on to a different part of it to keep the Dream alive."

tsunami282

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The Map of Faerun, Toril
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 06:03:43 PM »
You can now get a nice high-resolution map of Faerun as a free download from Wizards of the Coast, too.
"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." -- Abraham Lincoln

tsunami282

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The Map of Faerun, Toril
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 03:47:26 AM »
I've pasted together the D&D 2nd edition map of The North. The 3rd edition is prettier. But this 2nd edtion map has quite a few towns and places of interest listed that the newer map does not.
"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." -- Abraham Lincoln