Author Topic: 1.68 and Cloaks  (Read 3478 times)

ObViews

• View Profile
1.68 and Cloaks
« on: July 30, 2006, 03:56:15 AM »
Cloaks (the items!) will apparently have new, animated art assets that show on characters in the 1.68 patch (now released as a beta).

In a nutshell, put a cloak icon in the cloak slot on the paper doll in NWN. *POOF* your character will be wearing a cloak. Take the icon out of the slot - the cloak comes off.

The new BioWare cloak system uses a new layer for cloaks, in the same way that robes were implemented into NWN. The new cloaks do not use any neck armor slot or other nonsense like that. These are not compatible with the CEP cloaks in any way - as they use a radically different animation system and are created to work with the new engine layer.

The cloaks are fully animated and include support for several models which come down and surround the shoulders. These are not simply "capes".

I doubt I need to add anything to this bit of news, it pretty much speaks for itself :D

Evo1ve

• View Profile
1.68 and Cloaks
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 06:00:19 AM »
Ohhhh, those look a -little- better than what we have now!  :roll:

Zodiac

• View Profile
1.68 and Cloaks
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 08:15:26 PM »
sounds good to me...sorta

ObViews

• View Profile
1.68 and Cloaks
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 09:54:03 PM »
Well it's pretty much going to have a cloak appear on you whenever you equip a cloak, much like the weapons, armors, shields and helms currently work. And that's not going to require haks or anything, it'll be working even in the OC apparently. Since it's going to be official patch content, and most people in LOTN (I assume) wear cloaks, as soon as the patch is in prepare yourselves to see those appear on your characters.

Zodiac

• View Profile
1.68 and Cloaks
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 09:55:24 PM »
which is good. makes things more real...but i don't want this in until the bugs have been worked out. look what happened with the tailoring dummies...

Eowarion

• View Profile
1.68 and Cloaks
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 09:56:08 PM »
It's part of the 1.68 patch, which is still in it's beta, so it's a ways off before we're going to see it :P

ObViews

• View Profile
1.68 and Cloaks
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 01:33:00 AM »
Hopefully it's a VFX like the helm, so it has its own color and so on.

OneCosmicSoul

• View Profile
1.68 and Cloaks
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 02:03:09 AM »
Sexah!
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

~Benjamin Franklin