Author Topic: Screenshots and Love  (Read 26642 times)

Wids

• View Profile
Re: Baphitaurs and Love
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2016, 08:53:57 AM »
But Half-Orc Bandits are cake.  For a real challenge, try killing a Baphitaur.  Which is what I finally did, two days ago.   :)

Marrelina had just reached Level 17, dropping that damned Baphitaur's Challenge Rating from Overpowering to Very Difficult.  So I was feeling pretty froggy.  So I ran Marrelina back to the Minotaur Labyrinth and went at it.

I was a bit miffed that the Baphitaur was completely shrugging off the Fire Damage from Marrelina's Devil Claw gloves.  But then I remembered that she has a d20 Damage die now, and the Baphitaur was only soaking 1 point out of all 15 or 20 non-Fire Damage that she was dishing out with each punch or kick.  And with Flurry on, that's five attacks per round.  So screw the Fire Damage.

After several minutes of Marrelina beating on him, running away at Mach 1 to patch herself up, running back and beating on him some more, the Baphitaur finally went down for the count.  YAY!   :D

Then Marrelina went downstairs and found about a dozen more Baphitaurs.  One was hard enough to whoop, so I kept an eye on my Invisibility potions and sneaked around, beating up all the non-Baphitaurs.  I remember there being a drow elf spawner in the Northwest corner of the second level, but there weren't any drow elves when Marrelina went to look, just more minotaurs and another goldurned Baphitaur.  Then Marrelina got cornered by two more Baphitaurs and a bunch of other lesser minotaurs, I panicked and fumbled around with my Town Portal Wand, and the Baphitaurs ended up showing Marrelina the door.

I hate that snarky, long-winded attorney imp.   ::)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 09:30:09 AM by Wids »

Wids

• View Profile
Chaos in the Kitchen
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2016, 09:19:38 AM »

Some restaurant somewhere had this thing in their basement.  So naturally, I let it out.

The maug made short work of the kitchen staff, except for the lady who let me go downstairs in the first place.  The maug also proved that it could hand Marrelina a pretty vicious beating (probably something to do with him/her/it being rated Impossible), so I stood back just long enough for the maug to turn his attentions on the kitchen lady and convey to her his resentment over being locked up in the basement for X many years.  But the maug couldn't even dent the kitchen lady, just as the kitchen lady couldn't even dent the maug.  And that's where Marrelina -- who is very experienced at denting things -- came in.

Ah, the time-honored art of using Immortal NPCs as meatshields....

Too bad Marrelina doesn't have her own house.  A dead maug propped up in the foyer would look pretty impressive.

Never say "Impossible", Neverwinter Nights!   ;D
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 09:29:19 AM by Wids »

Wids

• View Profile
Re: Screenshots and Love
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2016, 12:15:22 PM »
Remember this thing?

I gave it a whirl.

You're killin' me, Sakes!   :P

Wids

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 12:27:07 AM »
So you know those Escapees scattered all over the approaches to the Badmoon Village areas?  You see them, you run up to them, and then the orcs spawn and kill them about 0.5 seconds later?  I actually managed to save one!

So apparently the key to doing that is to 1) use a ranged weapon with some good damage potential, 2) be quick on the point-and-click draw, and 3) just plain get lucky.

I clicked on one of those orcs the moment he spawned, and Elaranil and her Elven Longbow insta-killed him with a Critical.  I'm not sure if the anti-orc damage bonuses from both her longbow and her Favored Enemy: Orcs feat would have made or broken that shot, but I do know that the orc got one-shotted.  And that was enough to get his buddy's attention, so said buddy ignored the Escapee (and her pathetic attempts to punch him) and came beelining for Elaranil instead.  Then Elaranil peppered him with arrows and dropped him too, leaving no one around to kill the Escapee.

Even though the Escapee just stood around like a nitwit, I like to think that she escaped the doomed village and lived happily ever after.   :)

Now if only I could spring this motley of captives, Elaranil would really be in business.

Wids

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 01:10:22 AM »

So Elaranil took a Level in Arcane Archer and this guy finally gave me the time of day.

"Yes, I will take my Level 1 Arcane Archer Feat and impress you with it."

Elaranil got into the Arcane Archers Guild, of course.

Sweet!  The membership pin is a magic item too!  Take that, Mercenaries Guild!   :P

So then Elaranil used her VIP Club Pass to go talk to the Guild's one other member.

...yeah, this guy.

By Lomion's own admission, Unebril's the better merchant of the two.  Sure he has some pretty nice goodies.

(But whatever you do, don't talk shop with him!  Unebril can be very, very, very long-winded.)

Anyway, stuff!

WANT!

WANT!  No, wait...GOT!

...okay, so these "I Win" arrows are a little out of Elaranil's league.  But one day, in about 14 more Levels, I'll want them too.

So then I tried my hand with the archery targets...

...and Elaranil couldn't hit the Well Hidden Hard Cover Target even once.

Whatever that target's Armor Class is, it must be something astronomical.

So then, after I grew bored of wasting Elaranil's arrows, I went back to bounty hunting.

Arcane Archers, represent!

Wids

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2017, 11:00:59 PM »
Because I have a thing for reaching the next level through certain mundane means...

I can do that too!   :P

See?   ;D

Wids

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2017, 12:08:12 AM »
One recent day, Marrelina was heading back to the Mere of Dead Men to slap some more outlaws around.  As I passed through Port Llast, I remembered the grumpy elf in Kryptgarden, and the conversation with him steering to the topic of melons (which Marrelina never carried). 

So on a lark, I had her buy three different melons from the World Trader guy, then she went to Kryptgarden.

Ooh!  New chat option!   :o

Naturally, Marrelina gave Grumpy Elf a melon, just for courtesy's sake.

..."nearly impossible to nerf"?   :-\

He liked the melon!  He really liked it!   :D

And lo, the Bitter Melon was gone...

...and Grumpy Elf had left 50 Experience in its place!   ;D

(Two visits (and two server resets) later, he had eaten the Musk Melon and the Honeydew Melons too.  Every melon is fair game for the Grumpy Elf!)

Then with a disconcerting snicker, Grumpy Elf invited Marrelina to sit with him by the fire.

So she did.   ;D

So Tails informs me that there's an old, inside joke behind these melons, and that it's not just the whole "Mellon = Friend" in Tolkien's Elvish thingie.  So what's the story here, Old Guys?   :P
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 12:13:55 AM by Wids »

Wids

• View Profile
Proof of the Deed
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2017, 11:19:05 AM »
For Tails, Fealhach and any other concerned parties:

He can be soloed!   8)

(...but oh, was Marrelina running her butt off and waiting for her Ring of Power's regeneration to patch her up after she ran out of healing items.  Thank Ao for Monk Speed, shuriken and alchemist's fire to whittle Krotan down between bouts of fisticuffs.   :-[ )

...and only after the trials of killing Krotan, killing a bunch of Baphitaurs, evading or enduring Ao-knows-how-many traps and finding her way all the way down there in the first place did Marrelina find the outlaw she had come for in the first place.

I'm beginning to understand other players' rancor for the Minotaur Labyrinth now.   ::)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 11:25:02 AM by Wids »

Wids

• View Profile
Quenz'zet Must Die!
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2017, 11:40:04 AM »

Note to Self: Superdrider here owes Marrelina a rematch!

Tails1879_

• Administrator
  • Raggle Fraggle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2017, 01:08:52 AM »
Because someone wanted proof... the 10th anniversary slaying of Lord Visen the Red Dragon of Mount Hotenow.

Take that, Visen!
"Patrolling the North almost makes you wish for an Aurilite winter."

Wids

• View Profile
Dances with Fire Giants
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2017, 08:20:08 PM »

All right!  Everyone line up to receive your free groin punches!

Ooh, backlighting!

How much weight can that bridge support, anyway?

(Answer: Enough.)
(Alternate Answer: Infinite, because NWN's engine limitations don't do collapsing structures, I reckon.)

Wids

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2017, 08:49:20 AM »

So Marrelina was at the Mercenary Guild, turning in a bunch of heads (while lamenting that she couldn't turn in the rest of the criminal -- alive, conscious and suffering horribly -- as well).   :P

One of those heads must have had something nasty in it, because she soonafter came down with a really weird case of pink eye.

It even glows in the dark...

...and through metal.

So what do you think it is?  Think it's really, really contagious or something?

;D
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 08:51:51 AM by Wids »

fealhach2008

• "I hope that's chocolate."
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2017, 09:44:30 AM »
I think I found patient zero!

Wids

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2017, 04:39:26 PM »
Is that a Pikachu wearing a Pikachu costume?   :o

Surreal!

Wids

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2017, 05:05:19 AM »

Rosy!

Yes, Sharon, what have you done?   ;D

Thanks for the Epic Mass Haste spell, by the way!

*insert "muscle car burning rubber" sound here*
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 05:38:20 AM by Wids »