Author Topic: CEP 2.6  (Read 7782 times)

TheMadPoet

• Dungeon Master
    • View Profile
CEP 2.6
« on: September 17, 2014, 05:24:35 PM »
As part of updating the server I plan to update us to CEP 2.6 in a few weeks when all the work is done.

After noting a few issues with the new CEP such as the tilesets bug that some servers have reported Tails was kind enough to test the tilesets hak in the server itself. There were no problems noticed.

http://neverwintervault.org/cep

If anyone has any comments/complaints or other such about the update please speak now or forever hold your peace... or is it piece? I'm not sure. I suppose gun waving at a wedding is only acceptable among certain subcultures.

Neutral_Zone

Re: CEP 2.6
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 01:10:48 AM »
I'm not sure how comprehensive Tails' tileset test was. Did he run around every area in the module to see if they all worked? Of course, I'm also not sure what the tileset bugs encompass. That said, if I'm not mistaken, there's already a temporary workaround that fixes the issue.

I'm not against it, considering AmethystDragon is now in lead of the project (Good fellow)... But it is a lot of work. You sure you don't want me to cover that part? Yes, I know I'm notorious for not getting things done. But I promise to do it in less than a month! Also I've got a crapload of new scripts to put into the module, amongst other things.

Really up to you if you want to do it or not.

Oh... Also, we can't easily update the server until either Outcast gets FTP running or Darkie takes it back over to his place.

Tails1879_

• Administrator
  • Raggle Fraggle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 03:21:02 AM »
I'm not sure how comprehensive Tails' tileset test was. Did he run around every area in the module to see if they all worked? Of course, I'm also not sure what the tileset bugs encompass. That said, if I'm not mistaken, there's already a temporary workaround that fixes the issue.

There is a fix with the 2.4 version of cep2_add_tiles2.hak, though I did recently put back in the 2.6 version and visited several areas. I know I haven't seen everything, but so far I hadn't found any problems. I know I've gone along the roads to and from Port Llast, checked Neverwinter City, and some like the Wyvern's nest and found no issues to speak of. I *do* have the 2da fix which comes in the cep260_top.hak file.

I'm not against CEP 2.6 at all (I like it!), though I know it'll affect things builder-side. If it can be safely implemented and not cause any problems, might as well update it and get those tailors updated as well.
"Patrolling the North almost makes you wish for an Aurilite winter."

Neutral_Zone

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 03:35:22 AM »
Focus on places that aren't core NWN or 1.69. Only the second level of Wyvern's Rest was CEP based. Places like the current NWC Core and Docks should be checked, as well as most of the DM quest areas.

I'm not against CEP 2.6 either. It looks a heck of a lot better than the crap they introduced in 2.4 (New heads, yay!).
I'm not sure how bad the module count is though.

Obviously, once I get the module back, I may revert some changes they made to core content, though.

TheMadPoet

• Dungeon Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 04:32:37 AM »
I'll let you know if I come across any issues. I'm going to leave the CEP update for last. Just to make sure that all of my work goes smoothly.

Wids

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 05:30:38 PM »
I hope that I'm not too late for the party here, but what ever became of this CEP 2.6 update, anyway?   ???

Tails1879_

• Administrator
  • Raggle Fraggle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 06:57:06 PM »
I hope that I'm not too late for the party here, but what ever became of this CEP 2.6 update, anyway?   ???
The update would have been done after MadPoet was doing some of her sweeping changes to the module (Such as a redesigned Neverwinter Woods with a darker theme). I assume she's moved on by now, along with that particular update as well.

The CEP has updated to 2.61, which I'll have to check into rather soon to see what was done. It's good to see Amethyst Dragon hasn't dropped it yet, and it still looks pretty darn good. As for if we'll update to it, I'd still push for it. Up to whoever is left in the build team to do it or not, though.

-stares intently at Neutral_Zone-
"Patrolling the North almost makes you wish for an Aurilite winter."

Neutral_Zone

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 11:14:53 AM »
MadPoet -was- going to do it, but when she disappeared it sort of went into Limbo. Once I get my current project done (give me a week) I'll start working on updates. Sound good?

I can't guarantee 2.6 will come right next update, as I have other work I need to do on the module, but we'll see.

Wids

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2015, 08:38:14 PM »
Okay.  Would it help if we told you how much we love you?  :D

Darkzealot

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2015, 09:54:59 PM »
I love you NZ. Come into my embrace. <3
"You get the award for the most characters clogging the veins of the server, building up like a plaque filled aorta"- DM Daisy.

Wids

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2015, 06:45:09 AM »
Now that's not creepy or terrifying in any way.   ;D

I don't mean to rush anyone at anything, but I was just wondering how much longer LotN was going to be offline.  I'm starting to feel the pangs of separation here.  Did you manage to kick those people out of your apartment yet, NZ?  :)

Darkzealot

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2015, 11:23:41 AM »
Sorry about that, Outcast was supposed to take over hosting but I never actually checked if it was up. I brought it back up again but whenever I move, should be any week now, I have to kill it again.
"You get the award for the most characters clogging the veins of the server, building up like a plaque filled aorta"- DM Daisy.

Neutral_Zone

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2015, 10:08:55 PM »
People? Apartment? What? I live in a house.