Author Topic: Helm Stat Transfer System- Feedback/Bug report thread  (Read 2619 times)

Sakes

• Probably my fault.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Helm Stat Transfer System- Feedback/Bug report thread
« on: August 19, 2012, 11:44:52 PM »
You'll notice a new NPC in the start area called The Helm Guy.

Speaking to him will allow you to transfer the stats on your equipped helmet to your gloves, thus if you want to run around without a helmet on and still gain the normal stat benefits, you can now do that! There are some restrictions, though.

1. Stats do not stack.  If the helm and gloves have the same stat, you won't get the benefit of the two added together, rather the highest benefit of the two. 

2. AC bonuses do not transfer.  Sorry.

3. You can't equip any helm with stats while gloves that have had helm stats transferred to them are equipped.  You can still equip a helm with no stats for cosmetic reasons if you'd like.

4. The value of the items will be combined, which may increase the level or UMD requirements to equip it.

5. The gloves become plot and cannot be sold.

6. Any stats which cannot be applied to gloves won't transfer.  I can't think of any stats on helms that won't go on gloves, though. 

The module will store in a database your last and only last transfer, allowing you to reverse that transfer if you change your mind.  This is more to allow you to undo a mistake than provide a way to switch back and forth.

Any feedback/bugs should be reported here. 
DM Cat is watching you roleplay.

Anoran

• Administrator
  • Still looking for that clue I haven't got.
    • View Profile
Re: Helm Stat Transfer System- Feedback/Bug report thread
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 11:41:50 PM »
Plot status is not removed from gloves when the helm stats are removed. I can no longer sell my gloves. Not like I wanted to, anyway, but hey. A bug is a bug is a bug.

Got any bugspray?
Aristonike: The Master of Alchemy, they call him. He can even turn lead into gold, given time and the right materials.
Alec Stann: Yes, it's through an arcane process I like to call 'Selling the Lead'.

Kattze

• Administrator
  • No! Not the bees!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 03:11:36 AM »
5. The gloves become plot and cannot be sold.
Not a bug
THOSE ARE MY SHOES
GIVE THEM BACK
YOU ARE A DOG
THEY DON'T EVEN FIT

Sakes

• Probably my fault.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 04:57:28 AM »
Wow I feel like Colbert just "nailed" me.

I actually knew about this and was going to change it but some other bugs with the database cropped up and when I fixed those I forgot about this.

Thinking on it, though, I sort of like it this way as it introduces a bit of a cost to the system that's automatically scaling.  If enough people dislike it though, I'll fix it.   It's as simple as adding one line:

SetPlotFlag(oGloves, FALSE);

« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 04:59:41 AM by Sakes »
DM Cat is watching you roleplay.