Author Topic: Player Info and Action Item / Barkskin?  (Read 1793 times)

HazNpho

• View Profile
Player Info and Action Item / Barkskin?
« on: July 01, 2012, 11:03:58 PM »
Second login with the character after server reset, and this item JUST appeared. Never had it before today, I also ended up with a potion of barkskin somehow...

Script echo's this into the combat log, assuming it is echoing back the items tag?
Item Name: PC Properties

As for the barkskin... Any other way this could mysteriously have appeared? Since creation this character has not been very far, nor done much other than RP in the central camp and walk towards the first town and enter the inn.

HazNpho

• View Profile
Re: Player Info and Action Item / Barkskin?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 11:11:35 PM »
Correction, PC Properties is created from character login, not the welcome area, it is also created on SECOND login for today, though it doesn't show, I BELIEVE it's Biowares horses skin now that I think about it. So I don't know where the widget came from, only that it was NOT there before I left the welcome for the first time, as with the barkskin from where they were in my inventory.

tsunami282

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Player Info and Action Item / Barkskin?
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 02:20:41 AM »
Yes, PC Properties is a skin for dealing with the horse system. You should always have it, so logon makes sure that you do.

The Player Info and Action Item was part of another subsystem we started using at one point, though I think it wound up replicating the work of our existing Persistent Storage Module (the snowglobe). As such, the Player Info and Action Item is redundant. I thought we had removed it from the auto-add sequence at login. I'm not aware of any reason why a PC would need it on LotN. I recommend ignoring it.
"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." -- Abraham Lincoln