Author Topic: Character Creation  (Read 3790 times)

HazNpho

• View Profile
Character Creation
« on: June 29, 2012, 05:44:24 AM »
Elven Rogue, created 20 minutes pre post. [11:20 GMT -7, June 28, 2012]
Int mod of 3, languages SHOULD have been on start, Rogue(Cant)/Elven. Unless I am mistaken, had asked NWoutcast for clarification.

Languages recieved:
Elven

NWoutcast is helping me with this later, just pointing it out, might be a script error?

Neutral_Zone

Re: Character Creation
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 11:55:28 PM »
Not a script error. Basically, it was a decision made a long time ago to not give out the Thieves' Cant language on character creation; it must be requested from a DM. I'm not sure on the specifics myself, though, sorry.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 11:57:36 PM by Neutral_Zone »

Kattze

• Administrator
  • No! Not the bees!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 10:28:51 PM »
It was? Wow that's silly!
THOSE ARE MY SHOES
GIVE THEM BACK
YOU ARE A DOG
THEY DON'T EVEN FIT

HazNpho

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 10:58:43 PM »
News to me... I am just going off the info I received from asking in game. So is it no longer one of your default languages? As in... Does it have to be requested and take up a bonus language from your INT Mod?

If so, can someone clarify as to why? And does this apply to all class based languages as well?

tsunami282

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 02:14:43 AM »
At one point, the DM's agreed that Thieves' Cant would not necessarily be known by rogues in our environment, as we viewed it as something only an actual thief in one of the cities would have picked up. Call it a house rule, if you will. We simply wanted the player to have a logical explanation why the PC would know this language.
"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." -- Abraham Lincoln

HazNpho

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 03:20:42 AM »
Fair enough, is it still needed to have a reason to have it? Secondly does that make it a default or bonus language then?