Author Topic: Server Meeting  (Read 18677 times)

Tails1879_

• Administrator
  • Raggle Fraggle!
    • View Profile
Server Meeting
« on: December 19, 2011, 09:48:13 PM »
Next progress meeting: 10th of March, 6:00 PM EST (11:00 AM GMT).
If there are any problems, let me know and I'll see if the time can be adjusted.

Room: http://chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.Mibbit.Net&channel=%23LotN

Currently shooting for: January 11th, 7:00 PM EST (January 12th, 12:00 AM UTC) Thanks for the discussion, everyone!

Right, so we know about the dwindling population of the server by now. There were ideas that were put forth in at least two other topics on what we should do. Now that the server has been unlocked and made secure via the Public CD Key system, I think we need to get the blood flowing on the server again. It's a bit... stagnant. And empty.

I'm proposing a live meeting on what we should be doing, not just in the threads here. If we want to start something, I think we need active discussion on it. Since the holidays are upon us (and the 'lovely' stress it brings), I think it would be best if we could set up a day and time for such a meeting in January. We could discuss it on MSN and/or the server itself.

Anyone have time to spare in that month? Players, builders, DMs, admins and all are welcome.

Probable (general) topics include: "How to get the server out there" and, "How to make it more accessible to newcomers". Any comments, questions, concerns, and ideas for topics would be nice, as would times of availability.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 05:36:42 AM by Neutral_Zone »
"Patrolling the North almost makes you wish for an Aurilite winter."

Darkzealot

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Server Meeting
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 09:50:03 PM »
I should have time January. And I will probably be unreachable for the rest of December starting the.. 23:rd, ish. May pop in, we'll see. But anyone suggest a time that isn't at 5 am for me, and I should be good.
"You get the award for the most characters clogging the veins of the server, building up like a plaque filled aorta"- DM Daisy.

Anoran

• Administrator
  • Still looking for that clue I haven't got.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 09:54:55 PM »
I'm good any time of the day! (Mostly. I'm also free through all of January.). At any rate, we need to get some way of attracting new players, short of hanging around in the NWN Lobby and annoying people.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 09:56:28 PM by Neutral_Zone »
Aristonike: The Master of Alchemy, they call him. He can even turn lead into gold, given time and the right materials.
Alec Stann: Yes, it's through an arcane process I like to call 'Selling the Lead'.

NWoutcast

• Administrator
  • Sakes did it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 01:44:47 AM »
I'm free every Wednesday and Thursday night for sure. Let me know when you want to do this thing. I would like it if everyone could message other players via IM on any client about the meeting. I don't know how many people are checking the forum these days.

Linna Vot

• +80 CON
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 11:47:58 PM »
i'll be available after all the holiday travelling is through. so long as i know in advance, i can probably make some time for a meeting, whenever.
Rawr.

Pathseeker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 02:42:50 PM »
sounds like a good idea  - back after the 4th ..
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 02:45:03 PM by Pathseeker »

Tails1879_

• Administrator
  • Raggle Fraggle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2011, 12:09:00 AM »
I'll try and suggest a time when we can get everyone online (if not at least as many as possible). I'm suggesting Wednesday January 11th, 6:00 PM EST (January 11th, 11:00 PM UTC). Will everyone be able to make that time?

Jocularity

• Dungeon Master
  • I'm on an Adventure!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2011, 12:18:51 AM »
I'm in a different town to my calendars at the moment, but that time should be okay, as long as i havent gotten a job by then.
"I didn't know they make Glow in the Dark Escalators..."

Linna Vot

• +80 CON
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2011, 05:53:11 PM »
i don't get home from work until around 6:30, but i should be able to turn up a little late.
Rawr.

Shade6.7

• Dungeon Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 05:34:51 AM »
Pushing it back to 7PM so Linna can make it or sticking to 6PM?
Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Tails1879_

• Administrator
  • Raggle Fraggle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 05:45:47 AM »
Pushing it back to 7PM so Linna can make it or sticking to 6PM?
If people are up for it. I didn't want it to be too late for everyone, but if no one has a problem with it, we can push it back an hour (It's midnight for half of Great Britain, for example). I'll go ahead and update it, but let me know if there's a problem with it.

Either way, there isn't a set time limit on the meeting, so if anyone is late, we can try a recap for them.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 05:54:51 AM by Tails1879_ »

NWoutcast

• Administrator
  • Sakes did it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 11:58:48 AM »
I'll be at work either way, but I should be able to be there at either time.

Talie

• Dungeon Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2012, 01:51:11 PM »
I think the 11th might not work for me, I'll either be at work, or sleeping...if its the latter I will do my best to skip on it. Just need to figure out the timezones for a GMT +2 again....*muttergrumble*
But don't reschedule on my account.

Tails1879_

• Administrator
  • Raggle Fraggle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2012, 03:06:52 PM »
I think the 11th might not work for me, I'll either be at work, or sleeping...if its the latter I will do my best to skip on it. Just need to figure out the timezones for a GMT +2 again....*muttergrumble*
But don't reschedule on my account.
That would leave it around 2 AM, I believe, on Thursday morning. Are there any days specifically that would be more available for you? I know Outcast said he would be free Wednesday/Thursday (EST anyway), so there might be room for Thursday (Friday, if it's past midnight).

dylan_the_rabbit

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 08:35:42 PM »
Sadly guys I won't be able to make it as I have to be in work at stupid o'clock on the Thursday morning. I'll post up my contribution to the meeting beforehand.
Like a cat in a sack, waiting to drown.