Author Topic: Automated-Reload bugs & anomalies.  (Read 4364 times)

Tails1879_

• Administrator
  • Raggle Fraggle!
    • View Profile
Automated-Reload bugs & anomalies.
« on: June 11, 2011, 06:10:27 PM »
I love the new Auto-Reload thing, since it will keep the server from going too long without the reload. However, there's probably a bug here and there with the system, so I'm creating a topic for any bugs and anomalies, starting with one I've just experienced.

Current bug #1: Upon logging in this afternoon, when the clock read that 2 in-game days have passed since last reload, it suddenly popped up the message, "CHARACTER SAVED - SERVER RESETTING IN 10 SECONDS". Now, to be fair, I don't know if 10 seconds have passed by already, but I did hit the "Postpone Automated Server Reload", which declared that a reset will happen in 328 minutes (That's... not 3 hours. That's about 5.5 hours).

Tsu, do you think the reported in-game time was mixed up with the 'real-life' clock?

EDIT: The reset clock is going faster than it should. About an hour after this happened, it was already within '1 hour', gave the warning, and popped up the reset postpone option in the rest menu. About 4 minutes after the '20 minutes' warning, we've got the '4 minutes' warning. The reset clock is going based on game time, and going much faster than it should.

EDIT 2: Well, when Path and I had decided to let the time run out, we've found that it will repeat the "CHARACTER SAVED - SERVER RESETTING IN 10 SECONDS" message over, and over, and over, and over, without any actual reset happening.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 09:00:55 PM by Tails1879_ »
"Patrolling the North almost makes you wish for an Aurilite winter."

tsunami282

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Automated-Reload bugs & anomalies.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 03:28:25 AM »
Rats. Just ... rats. It looked good on paper. Oh well. Reverting to previous build, I'll sort out the bugs tomorrow.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 03:34:29 AM by tsunami282 »
"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." -- Abraham Lincoln

tsunami282

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 09:27:27 PM »
OK, I rewrote a bunch of stuff and tested it. I'm not having the failure to reload problem that you reported, Tails. Post here if you find it's not cleared up.
"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." -- Abraham Lincoln

Tails1879_

• Administrator
  • Raggle Fraggle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 05:11:13 PM »
Right, so the auto-reload script works whenever the scheduled reload is NOT delayed.

However, I've noticed that when the reload is delayed at least once, the server seems to, well, not reload as intended. Last night, I've noticed that the option to delay the reload was available, but no indication of when it will reset. After giving it 30 minutes (For any sort of prompt in the combat log), not a single response. Since the only other way of knowing how much longer until it'll reset is by actually delaying it, I did, and it came back with "Reset in 240 minutes"... Which is 4 hours. If delayed right when the 60 minute prompt appears, it'll display 300, so it effectively delays it by an additional 4 hours.

My point is... that means the counter sat at 0 minutes to reset... and it never did. No other prompts. That is definitely borked, I think. Can you take a look, Tsu?

Also,Tsu, we seriously need an option to view how much time we have left until reset outside of waiting for the last hour, and/or actually delaying it to get the new time. Plus... maybe make the delay more like one or two hours? Four is a bit lengthy.

Neutral_Zone

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 01:14:12 AM »
The server has now been running for ten irl days straight. So I'm guessing the auto-reload isn't working.

tsunami282

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 07:58:52 PM »
Bother. Well, I put the time left before reset on the main page of the rest menu. And I added some logging to help me figure out why the auto-reset sometimes doesn't. Meantime, the server's been reset so go have fun.

Tails1879_

• Administrator
  • Raggle Fraggle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 01:15:20 PM »
Thanks again for the help. Don't know if someone delayed it, but it has indeed repeated the same error of not resetting. Let's hope the debugger caught the reason for it failing.

tsunami282

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 01:49:20 AM »
According to the debug info, nothing went wrong.   :(

It appears that the server reset function isn't reliable, or maybe it isn't reliable when no one is actually connected. Sorry, it's not readily fixable.

Neutral_Zone

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 01:01:56 AM »
As of right now the server is stuck at "An automatic server reload will occur in less than a minute.". Tsu, if you can email me the scripts, I can do some testing with them and try to sort out the bugs for ya.

tsunami282

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 12:32:05 PM »
Reset done, go play.

And I'll try to get those scripts pulled out and sent to you in a couple days.