Author Topic: What the heck happened to Joc?  (Read 4586 times)

Jocularity

• Dungeon Master
  • I'm on an Adventure!
    • View Profile
What the heck happened to Joc?
« on: May 06, 2011, 03:56:29 AM »
So, i admit, i guess i kinda just wordlessly disappeared. I never meant to, but i kept saying to myself "Yeah, i don't need to say i'm gone, i'll log on again this weekend." But err... as you can see that never happened. So i figured i should stop in and say hello, and let you know what i'm doing, and say that because of certain malfunctions i might be a bit longer gone.

First of all, thank you for all the happy birthday well-wishing. It wasn't though, for the Record. Much of a happy birthday that is. I nearly got hit by a car, i baked cookies and dropped them in dirt, and i couldn't sleep in because apparently a robot called my brother an asshole. I'm not shaken up about it, i don't make a big deal out of birthdays anyway.  :)

But that's beside the point. Don't worry about that.

So anyway, lately i've transitioned somewhat away from my usual screen-zombie self and been getting a bit more intake from the place outside the front door. I'm currently involved with a project called Green Corps. I might have mentioned this before i left, i joked about taking class levels in ranger. Its not Actually rangering, but the people i do it with are a great bunch and its been fun times. Its fulfilling, but tiring, which is most of the reason i started logging in less.

Since it doesn't pay well, i've been stopping by the local pub like a woodpecker to try and get a spot behind the bar later in the afternoons. I've had a few stints of a couple of days but so far i haven't been picked for more substantial employment. It seems promising though.

In addition to that, i'm also in a theatre group that does plays about not binge drinking. Hows that, a Bartender and an anti-binge-drinking spokesman? I'm such an Oxymoron. But yeah, that's taking up another chunk of my days too, and we have performances in schools over the next two months, so its a little intense now. Fun intense though, i live for the stage. I don't even get a whisper of stage fright anymore.

And as for the Malfunctions, well, they might take a while to get around. What little money i get from Green Corps. goes towards maintaining some repayments i'd rather not talk about, so i'm living pretty humble. Unfortunately, (And i'm sorry Kattze!) the hard drive on my laptop failed. I got it a new one, but its been installed with Windows 7 and its got some compatibility error with the drivers that i can't work out. It doesn't do sound, and the graphics don't go right. I get a frame rate drop playing "Plants vs Zombies" even. As for me desktop, well... that's no better. Its nightmarishly slow, and i can't stand waiting for it to even start up. Its old, and certainly on its way out. So piece by piece i'm filling the piggybank to build something really shiney.

Anyway, that's my story lately. I'm sorry i didn't forewarn anyone. How are things for you guys?
"I didn't know they make Glow in the Dark Escalators..."

Kattze

• Administrator
  • No! Not the bees!
    • View Profile
Re: What the heck happened to Joc?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 08:03:00 AM »
Oh no.  RIP laptop.

Glad to see you're still alive!
THOSE ARE MY SHOES
GIVE THEM BACK
YOU ARE A DOG
THEY DON'T EVEN FIT

NWoutcast

• Administrator
  • Sakes did it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 08:15:35 AM »
I'll raise my glass to the laptop and celebrate the fact you're not dead. :)

Kattze

• Administrator
  • No! Not the bees!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 10:09:01 AM »
Oh if you can find a driver from 2002-2004 for nvidia g series (i think it is... some old laptop one now unsupported) you may have some luck.
THOSE ARE MY SHOES
GIVE THEM BACK
YOU ARE A DOG
THEY DON'T EVEN FIT

Neutral_Zone

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 11:14:54 AM »
Good to see you alive and kicking, bud! Hmm... Green Corps. Sounds fun!

Heck, we'll be waiting for you to drop by!

fealhach2008

• "I hope that's chocolate."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 11:30:41 AM »
Chin up Joc! While there is flour and sugar there'll always be cookies, but I hope you're having fun being so busy!

Not sure what Green Corps is, is it something like this?  :-\
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DprFYMvWXLo

tsunami282

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 04:00:43 PM »
Glad to hear that the other interests you've developed are healthy ones. Drop in to LotN when you feel like it - you'll be welcome.
"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." -- Abraham Lincoln

Tails1879_

• Administrator
  • Raggle Fraggle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 04:14:34 PM »
Blargh! As everyone already stated, we're still hanging around. Stop by whenever you want. Have fun, and I hope the computer troubles will be over soon.
"Patrolling the North almost makes you wish for an Aurilite winter."

Jocularity

• Dungeon Master
  • I'm on an Adventure!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2011, 02:02:02 AM »
Chin up Joc! While there is flour and sugar there'll always be cookies, but I hope you're having fun being so busy!

Not sure what Green Corps is, is it something like this?  :-\
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DprFYMvWXLo

Oh man, if we had the budget for helicopters that would be awesome. But government funded semi-volunteer environmental care is a little more cheap.

Oh if you can find a driver from 2002-2004 for nvidia g series (i think it is... some old laptop one now unsupported) you may have some luck.

Think it'll work with Win 7?
"I didn't know they make Glow in the Dark Escalators..."