Author Topic: Pat on the back!  (Read 60789 times)

Sakes

• Probably my fault.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Pat on the back!
« on: June 27, 2008, 11:46:16 PM »
There once was a famous survey done... perhaps in the 60s, perhaps in 70s, that was distributed to various homes, the purpose of which was to gauge how happy housewives were with their marriages.

Shockingly, about 9 out of 10 of the responses received showed the housewives were extremely dissatisfied.

This was somewhat shocking until you take into consideration that only about 5-10% of the surveys that were sent out were ever filled out and mailed back.

So whats it all mean, Sakes?

Well the reason they the survey came out the way it did was because people who were happily married threw it away, it was only the people who were upset who took the time to return the survey because they were pissed and it gave them a way to vent.

I think forums in general work much the same way.    Its natural to want to vent when something upsets you.  Everyone, myself included, does it.

The problem is, we are much less likely to say anything when something positive happens, mainly because we're having too much fun to hop on the forums and post about it.

Enter this thread.  Had some good RP?  Wanna tell someone they did a great job?  Want to thank that DM for running an event for you?  Here ya go:

(This thread is positive only! You have the rest of the forums to complain.  :P)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 07:44:28 PM by Shanra »
DM Cat is watching you roleplay.

ZippyConspiracy

• Dungeon Master
    • View Profile
Pat on the back!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 11:52:33 PM »
I want to thank Miranda for the other night and playing with Trippies, Aelryn, and I while we were hunting. It really did make me feel better, I can't thank you enough. :)

((I tried starting a thread like this before, it didn't go very far, hopefully this time there will be better luck. Kudos))
Oh stuff'n'fluff!
Legacy Portrait Pack: {Last Updated: March 5, 2011}
If you have portraits you would like for me to add to the pack, please send them to ZippyConspiracy@live.com

Sakes

• Probably my fault.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Pat on the back!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 11:52:46 PM »
I've gotta say the RP has been great for me lately.

Thanks for Whitefeather and Weasel War Dance for getting my to RP Valas again.   Rith trying to teach Valas about humor and Valerie trying to recruit him were both great RP.   Kyrinna trying to reform Valas has been the subject of a lot of great RP as well.

I also have to thank Kattze three times: player side as Jhaelyrna (Who I like to think of as Valas' pyscho ex-girlfriend); DM side for the fun events  involving the attack on camp where Valas got to re-establish his evil cred and the next night where he made some enemies; and builder side for taking the time to work on Valas' house.

I also have to say, in general we have a lot of new players and I've been seeing a lot of good RP from them.    :D

Edit: I'm cheating, Zippy.  Sticky FTW!
DM Cat is watching you roleplay.

Kattze

• Administrator
  • No! Not the bees!
    • View Profile
Pat on the back!
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 11:57:58 PM »
Thanks to the guy in the black Supra who let me into traffic on a busy friday afternoon.  Wait, is this the right forum?
THOSE ARE MY SHOES
GIVE THEM BACK
YOU ARE A DOG
THEY DON'T EVEN FIT

Leah

• View Profile
Pat on the back!
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 12:28:20 AM »
Thanks to The DM team for creating a wonderful atmosphere to play in!  :D

Thanks to Tsu for hosting this grand playground!  :D

Thanks to the players who make the wonderful and varied stories side by side!  :D

Thanks specifically to the following for enriching my gaming experiences here and give me plenty of reasons to call LotN my NWN home:
Tsunami
Miranda
Sakes
Zippy
Machmoth
Night
Mort
Joc
White
Zodiac
Mannequin
Weasel
Buck
Aerin
Ari
Yays

These are those who come to the top of my mind right now!  :D
"No one is ignorant of everything...
And Everyone is ignorant of something."
=^..^=

theMannequin

• View Profile
    • In your wildest imagination
Re: Pat on the back!
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 12:46:05 AM »
Quote from: "Sakes"
The problem is, we are much less likely to say anything when something positive happens, mainly because we're having too much fun to hop on the forums and post about it.(This thread is positive only! You have the rest of the forums to complain.  :P)

This is often something we run into at work.  A lot of the time, at the paper, we get massive amounts of complaints.  I know a lot of people in town, and a lot of the complaints really aren't justifiable, because it boils down to "You didn't put what I wanted on the front page" kind of mentality.  We do often get some compliments.  And it's because of the compliments that keep us going.

However, back to the game stuff.  A while back, Ashan, Dagny, Amenia and Shani (and for a while, Lauri was there too), ran through the duegar.  It took a while, but eventually music was the topic of discussion as we cut apart chitins.  And it was hilarious.  I really enjoyed myself on the run, and liked the comments that came out and quick wittedness.
“Thet's what I'm gunnin' fer.  Panny.  Kin ya check an' see if Ming's over at the church.  Git 'im an' bring 'im here.  I got me a godsdamned plan!"  Shani Wennemein, from I Am The Law, The Adventures of Black Mask & Pale Rider.

Valraenar

• View Profile
Pat on the back!
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 11:45:52 AM »
I want to thank everyone who's taken the time to engage my characters and get to know them.  Even with my most abrasive personalities in game, I'm always hoping to develop close relationships with other characters - and I thank those that have provided that opportunity.

I'm also grateful for everyone who's made the effort to be inclusive, and not leave one or another of my characters twiddling thumbs by the fire.  I appreciate that very much, no matter how arrogant or individualistic my characters may be.

Specifically:

13Roses, whereever you are, thanks for taking the time to get to know my first character and share your own character's background.  I wouldn't have lasted two weeks here if you hadn't.

Chyelle, thank you for being one of the first and only DMs to realize a new player had graced the server, and making him feel welcome.

Darkie, you've been a really great person to play with.  I don't know all your characters, but you do have some good ones.

Ryman, thanks for always being inclusive even as I was a new player, I remember you even talking to my "I'm-just-testing-this-server" character.

LunarPhoenix, thanks man, its usually fun.

Drewskie, every now and then I catch you for some RP or a run, and its always a good experience, thanks.

Zodiac, you prove almost everything they say about women, but it's still alot of fun and interesting to game with you.  Thanks.

Flavius, your characters come accross as very well developed and even surprising at times, I appreciate it.

Gossamer Faith, for all the times I've just paused to watch what the hell you're characters were doing, thanks.

Shanra, you play some of the most distinctly different characters of anyone I know.

Amenina (Maria34), I always appreciated your willingness to engage my characters.

Bad_Bud, You played a great variety of villians, and never complained about the abuse that you had to deal with OOCly because of your characters.  I had alot of fun interacting with your characters, and even brawling with them.

Sakes, thanks for taking-like-a-man some of the most scathing criticism I've ever devised and posted to a forum.  Thanks for all the creative story advancement too.

JL23, I've had a lot of fun gaming with you and all your diverse characters.

Miranda, thank you for taking the time to make characters that live, and for seeing all the things I work hard to put into my own characters.

Linna Vot, you've been a great person to know and to game with, I always enjoy the blazing through different areas, and getting to know your characters and seeing how they relate to mine.

Kiraku (Arissa_Nightblade), thank you for making an enjoyable character, and coming up with so many riddles, and really engaging my characters.

Thanks everyone.

Alright, enough of that.  I'm off to go do something manly, like lift weights, or polish my gun collection, or go fishing, or fire up the 350 cubic inch small block V8 in my Corvette, or maybe just crack open a can of beer and watch some TV...
The mind's eye can nowhere find anything more dazzling nor more dark than in man; it can fix itself upon nothing which is more awful, more complex, more mysterious or more infinite.
-Victor Hugo [/i]

Zodiac

• View Profile
Pat on the back!
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 12:05:34 PM »
Quote from: "Valraenar"
Zodiac, you prove almost everything they say about women, but it's still a lot of fun and interesting to game with you.  Thanks.

<.< Welcome.

Edit: I forgot to thank Valraenar/Telandune for being crazy enough to give me a story line I barely understand but try to anyway. For arguing with me and then making me see past my own silly truth. Thanks a bunch for helping me make Ariadne, helping me kill her off, and then bring her back again. We may not have seen eye to eye at times and probably still don't but we've gotten better.

My thanks are going to:

Kattze, for being a great person to vent on. Saves me from going off on the forums like I used to.

Sakes for running the coolest and only rp only event ever.

Tsu I love Evan really. :) Besides that, thanks for help me and remote assisting me with my system. Who knew I fell into the dumb blond category.

Flavius Thanks for so many intricate story lines that I sometimes have to fight to keep when the injustices of the world make you want to give up. Thanks a million for not giving up.

Maria34 we started out on the wrong foot, but I am almost certain we have patched all that up and put it behind us to have some great role play.

Haldadae thanks for great role play looooooooong ago, but not too long ago, that caused us both to stay up until six in the morning and then some.

NwOutcast there are some IRL reason I can thank you, but I'll thank you for making Lucian a power build. Without him I wouldn't be able to run the duergar and be a cool kid for a little while <.<

Darkie thanks for be awesome altogether

<3

Jocularity

• Dungeon Master
  • I'm on an Adventure!
    • View Profile
Pat on the back!
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 01:29:21 AM »
Leah, Mortician, and NightJourney: for being such great friends for Lumi and Bergo, who are nothing without friendship.

All the DMs, For everything you've ever done.

Tert, Jl23, Linna, and JD Thaddius: For being Lumi's first friends when she came to neverwinter (She misses those characters, and wonders where they went...)

Darkie: For Providing an excellant arch-nemesis on such friendly OOC terms

NWoutcast, WeaselWarDance, Galruthe, Dakashy: For making Lysandra a little less lonely

Gossamer faith: Your every footstep is sanctified ground. You're brilliant and humorous as a Player and GDM.

Flavius: For getting the song "Ghost Rider" Stuck in my head after Shani played it in camp.

Zodiac: Regardless of how people took it IC, it was always fun seeing Vindy get a sapphire.

Siggir2: For being such an in-depth RPer. I Dont know if i've ever seen a fighter played so well.

Miranda: For all the muffins

Telandune/Valraenar: For all the fun times in Melkor's tower

Torin: For that awesome time with the Bulette

ZippyConspiracy: For being so fun to play with, an excellant captain when we tried to take the yuan-ti place with such lo levelled characters, and for being a fine Mediator in some of those nasty disputes.

Supershamu: For some more realistic situations to our characters' lives

Whitefeather: For those graveyard shifts on the server when you'd keep Izaak alive as he ran around like a hellball.

Trippies and Aelryn: I Havent spent too much time getting to know you, but you both seem pretty cool.

And everyone else: I hope to get to know you more soon  :)

*Presses Submit while worrying if he's forgotten anyone*
"I didn't know they make Glow in the Dark Escalators..."

Zodiac

• View Profile
Pat on the back!
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 12:17:30 PM »
Thanks goes to Sakes for dancing with Lyssa and dealing with her and Shani's random girly bickering.

And

To Jocularity cause without Greenboot, Gilly wouldn't have her Epic mount that she can't ride XD

Gossamer Faith

• View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/nattsvart/
Pat on the back!
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 02:41:48 AM »
A thank you is extended to those who helped make Chicane's long run on the server worth it.

Shanra

• Dungeon Master
    • View Profile
Pat on the back!
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 05:03:22 AM »
But I don't get a thanks for killing him?? Pfft. <3 Goss.

NWoutcast

• Administrator
  • Sakes did it.
    • View Profile
Pat on the back!
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 05:37:21 AM »
There are way to many people to thank for this so Ill pick a few.

Rhydin- we know you cant play so much anymore but thank you for all you did for the server and helping me when i started

Tert- for getting me into NWN and DND all together

Zodi-  for helping tert keep me interested

13Roses- for being the only one to make a character that could handle Luc for more than a week

Zippy- for always keeping me on my toes.

Miranda- Youve listened to me bitch more than anyone

Whitefeather - for keeping it fun and for coming back *huggle*

Trippies - you still owe luc a life debt :P

Weasel and Dakashy- Both of you have given me a lot of fun RP, Val amuses me to know end and Leo, well remember that night in the tavern when you drank WAY to much. :)

All of the members of my new guild, to many to thank but i see good things for us.

The rest of you I hope to rp with you more. Thanks all of you for keeping me entertained at work.

Gossamer Faith

• View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/nattsvart/
Pat on the back!
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 05:45:34 AM »
Quote from: "Shanra"
But I don't get a thanks for killing him?? Pfft. <3 Goss.

Thank you, Shanra, for critting my poor elven sorcerer for twenty more damage than he had hp. Twice. =D

wynter_feline

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bekkerstead
Pat on the back!
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 02:13:45 AM »
Thanks for those who I had a chance to arrrrrrpee with the last few days and everyone I've had a chance to just talk to. Its been nice being back.
Thank you for supporting this imperialist establishment. Enjoy your purchase and have a racist day.