Author Topic: Arrgh  (Read 6168 times)

Samildinach99

• View Profile
Arrgh
« on: November 18, 2006, 03:52:27 AM »
Bit premature, but just bought nwn2 and loaded it on a work pc. Have to say initial thoughts are wtf have they done? Seems they backtracked to balders gate style game play? What dosnt help is the work pc seemed incapable of running the game, but even still have to say its reasonably unimpressive for overrall look and feel  :(
Havnt installed it on one of my comps yet so will do in the next coupla days. Hoping that my own pc is going to make a difference.

Sammy

nice mask El padre ;)

sidefx

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://nwn2yatt.sourceforge.net/
Arrgh
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 01:36:41 PM »
So this is how long it took to get to the Land of the Long White Cloud eh? Well that blows.

El Padre

• View Profile
    • http://media.putfile.com/Carrie-From-Nuts---For-your-boyfriendYeh-rite
Arrgh
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 04:52:26 PM »
I thank you.

NWN 2 is pretty shit.

Its too buggy as well, although I'm sure the zealots will be over the moon with it.  :roll:

Darkzealot

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Arrgh
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 07:55:34 PM »
I will?

=/ My copy of the NWN 2 has not arrived yet.. not that i truely would have the time to play it now anyways... but =/
"You get the award for the most characters clogging the veins of the server, building up like a plaque filled aorta"- DM Daisy.

sidefx

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://nwn2yatt.sourceforge.net/
Arrgh
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 12:15:49 AM »
Quote from: "El Padre"

Its too buggy as well, although I'm sure the zealots will be over the moon with it.  :roll:

I prefer the term fanboi.  That's F-A-N-B-O-I.  I'll accept fanboy too. mmmkay?

Samildinach99

• View Profile
Arrgh
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 04:56:49 AM »
Quote from: "sidefx"
So this is how long it took to get to the Land of the Long White Cloud eh? Well that blows.

lol you know NZ is ATF (America time frame) + 1000 (days)  :D

its been out a week here, installed it on my home comp and I still get a slide show instead of a game, my pc is 3.0 ghz p4hyper  1gig ram and 256 graphix, so shud really be able to run it better than it works currently. I dont get it, It looks like balders gate with a zoom function..  what were they thinking?  Maybe someone was playing the rocky horror show in the background while the designers were brainstorming. Sigh.

Samwise Gamgee

El Padre

• View Profile
    • http://media.putfile.com/Carrie-From-Nuts---For-your-boyfriendYeh-rite
Arrgh
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 05:10:43 AM »
Quote from: "Samildinach99"
Quote from: "sidefx"

lol you know NZ is ATF (America time frame) + 1000 (days)  :D

its been out a week here, installed it on my home comp and I still get a slide show instead of a game, my pc is 3.0 ghz p4hyper  1gig ram and 256 graphix, so shud really be able to run it better than it works currently. I dont get it, It looks like balders gate with a zoom function..  what were they thinking?  Maybe someone was playing the rocky horror show in the background while the designers were brainstorming. Sigh.

Samwise Gamgee

Weird, my machine is a bit slower than yours (2.8ghz, 128mg radeon 9800, 1gb ram) and it runs fine. Still, I wouldn't get too upset, you're not missing out.

NWN has officially died, NWN2 is just a bad impression of what was an average game at best.

NineCoronas

• View Profile
Arrgh
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 08:34:41 AM »
Baldur's Gate was better than Neverwinter Nights.  I vastly prefer Puppetmastering my party to hoping the idiot A.I. doesn't fumble things.

That said, I wish I could do so, but the $@@%ing lag prevents me from actually playing, so that's unlikely.
"A dagger in the night is worth a thousand swords at Dawn..."
Characters
Saares'si Bregthe - Scribe of Candlekeep, Slayer of the Magic Dancing Pants