Author Topic: Screenshots and Love  (Read 27476 times)

Wids

• View Profile
Re: Screenshots and Love
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2017, 01:05:36 AM »
This "another land" sounds like that Sigil/Planescape NWN2 server you're always on.  Is that about right?  ;)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 01:07:10 AM by Wids »

Tails1879_

• Administrator
  • Raggle Fraggle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2017, 03:32:12 AM »
This "another land" sounds like that Sigil/Planescape NWN2 server you're always on.  Is that about right?  ;)

Yup! Sharon's moving up in the multiverse. Someday her cocky attitude may catch up with her, but even she's giving the fiends and the Harmonium a run for their money with both charm and wit.

Just the other cycle, she managed to silence a devil trying to recruit people into the Blood War by pointing out he didn't fill out form A-32 to requisition B-24 and B-25, which later are turned in at the offices in the Hall of Records. From there it goes to form D-83. Probably...

... She should become a Fated.

I'll definitely bring her around LotN more, though! It's been too long.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 03:38:40 AM by Tails1879_ »
"Patrolling the North almost makes you wish for an Aurilite winter."

Wids

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2017, 08:36:06 AM »
Okay, I'll bite.  What's a Fated, and why is it cool?   :P

Tails1879_

• Administrator
  • Raggle Fraggle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2017, 02:28:53 AM »
Okay, I'll bite.  What's a Fated, and why is it cool?   :P

The Fated, also known as the Takers and the Heartless, are one of fifteen major factions that espouse the philosophy, "What a person can claim, and defend against others, they deserve." (Source). In short, they take, earn their keep, and are focused on being entirely self-sufficient about it. They're not charitable or give out freely, since it goes against their own philosophy. They run Sigil's Hall of Records, which handles tax collection, licensure, and other record-keeping duties. They're dreaded, feared, and well-respected since they're the most goal-oriented individuals around (and often succeed at obtaining said goals).

Right now she's with the Free League, which is a non-represented faction that's all about freedom to do as they will and not be told otherwise. Surprise: They often end up in trouble with the law.
"Patrolling the North almost makes you wish for an Aurilite winter."

Wids

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2017, 06:42:35 PM »
And Sharon seems so nice, too.   :P

Also, stuff!

You know that normally worthless rope that you find on the Tower of Doom's first level, in the room with all the spiders?  Bring it with you.  You'll need it on the third level.  Trust me!

(Clickie)

That way, you can access a pit full of dead people who forgot to bring their ropes...

...and get your hands on a bunch of really sweet loot!  We're talking +5 magic goodies here.

The pit's also a nice, safe place to rest after the yuan-ti have been smacking you around too hard.  So BRING THE ROPE!  ;)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 06:44:54 PM by Wids »

Wids

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2017, 08:40:35 PM »
Meanwhile, beneath the Fallen Tower in Neverwinter...

Yep.  Pibbly can recover Epic traps now.  She might need to boost her Intelligence with a Fox's Cunning potion first, but she can do it.   8)

And the hits kept coming!

And to think that I've been going through all the trouble of having Pibbly craft her own Deadly traps!  Plus, she can't craft Epic traps (at least, not yet), so the obvious thing to do would be to have Pibbly go to the Fallen Tower after each server reset, pay the kitchen wench a measly 50 Gold and scrounge for Deadly and Epic traps, which the Fallen Tower has in spades.  She's going to need a few more bags just to carry all the Epic traps!

Don't you love it when you discover a better way of doing things?  :D
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 08:42:58 PM by Wids »

Wids

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2017, 07:22:28 PM »
Despite the dungeon's name being the Sepulchers of the Damned, the goons inside are not undead, a fact for which I am very grateful.

Thanks for being vulnerable to Quivering Palm and Stunning Fist, dudes!   ;D

Wids

• View Profile
Screenshots, Love and Twenty-Five Heads
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2017, 05:09:48 AM »
So three nights ago, Marrelina finally accomplished a personal goal which I've been chasing for a while:

She collected all 25 heads from all 25 outlaws on the Bounty Boards!

(Admittedly, she enlisted Sharon Raynesford's help with the Duergar Mines, Mount Hotenow and Zhentarium Keep, the last of which turned out to be unnecessary because the outlaw was waiting right outside the keep.  But Marrelina and Sharon still shared plenty of conversation, roleplay and RP XP, so all was good.  Sharon also joined Marrelina on a bounty hunt through the Crags, but only because Marrelina answered Sharon's constant nagging over Marrelina's skimpy garments by daring Sharon to roam through the Crags completely stark raving naked.  Challenge accepted, challenge answered.  ;D )

Then Marrelina went to double-check her work.

"Hey, wait a minute!  Marrelina missed Birk Malf on Blackford Road!"

No, she didn't.  The bounty boards were just being forgetful again.   ::)

Then Marrelina and a lesser Monk came across each other, and as usual, Marrelina did her best to be both a wise, educational pedagogue and a stomach-churning, sadomasochistic freak show at the same time.

Alas, with her personal quest at an end, Marrelina couldn't keep her twenty-five trophies anymore (especially not with the server reset looming nearer and nearer).  So she turned them all in for bounties, and lo, did the XP and the Muneez flow.   8)

And I can't think of a clever closing line here, so "Huzzah!"   :D

Wids

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2017, 07:00:44 AM »
Ohhh, Borchaaaa...   :P

Oh, not to worry!  She's a different kind of thief.   ;)

(By the way, Borcha's pork chops need more garlic.   ;D )

Torin

• Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2017, 02:09:05 PM »
Lol, i think more than few people have used his cave as a holiday resort at a minimum. I wonder why he'd ever thought putting a sign up would ever do anything but attract more attention?

I reckon the area survived being scrapped only due to other people getting more use out of it than me. :D

Wids

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2017, 04:59:16 PM »
Or it could just be the sheer charm and character of the place.  The sign outside really lends the place a certain barbaric je ne sais quoi!  Plus, the trapdoor inside still issues its challenge.  Can anyone get the damned thing open?  :D

Also, some belated "Marrelina hit Max Level a week or two back" pics:

Enjoy the cloth, you merry little pipsqueaks.

Training Fountain!

With as much scarrification as she's been through, Armor Skin seemed most appropriate.

Ta da!  :)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 05:02:42 PM by Wids »

Wids

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2017, 02:18:14 AM »

Well, here's a first: One of those Paladins of Kelemvor actually survived the battle with the Necrophant!

Admittedly, being able to Turn Undead helps.  It makes me wonder why those paladins themselves never Turn anything.

(Also, how do you like my pet?  Control Undead rocks!  :D )

So then, when all was said and done, the lone paladin moseyed right back to the spot where he had spawned in the first place.

And what's this?  You can talk to these paladins, or maybe even give them your Amulet(s) of Abrogation?  Cool!  Now if only they were formidable warriors.

(So why didn't I know about the conversation scripts before now?  Because they usually don't survive the first battle with that first Burning Dead, let alone anything which comes after that!)

Next time, Church of Kelemvor, send better paladins!   :P

Torin

• Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2017, 12:41:42 PM »
Aye, I remember making those guys ages ago - they have massively gimped HP to make certain they die in that first encounter. That lower level was suppose to be a kind of besieged area. Where the sandbags and fortifications are the spawn points are designed for it. No idea why it ever got placed at the ladder behind it. I ripped off the soulless from the old bungie myth games except they have bows rather than javelins :p Pretty fun area to make overall. I seen the cultists finally got a proper voice set too :D

Wids

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2017, 03:15:42 PM »
Those Soulless are the most annoying little things.  Good thing they'll follow you around corners and drift right into your clobbering distance.  :D

So were there supposed to be more paladins holed up in that besieged area, originally?

Torin

• Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2017, 09:13:59 PM »
Not in the first area, but in the second part i thought there was 2-3 of them. Hard to remember now tho'. A shame i could never apply myself to scripting, i'd a ton of ideas i wanted to apply to different areas. I was fortunate enough that a few of our scripters spared the time to make me a few.

I don't think people loved moth for making me the underwater script tho' :D That underwater route to Lake Stillness was suppose to be punishment for not bringing a rogue along but i fear it did little more than annoy people, but meh - no regrets. :) It came back to bite me on the ass for sure, i tried to solo Lake Stillness with Borcha (lvl 25 barb) and only managed to make it to the front door before death. Serves me right as i aimed to make the area difficult for solo players to encourage party-venturing. On a quiet server that kind of loses its relevance lol.