Author Topic: Pat on the back!  (Read 61195 times)

void incarnate

• View Profile
Pat on the back!
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2008, 07:08:33 PM »
Thanks to those patient enough with me for not being on all that often. Linna, pm me when you think you'll be in-game!

-Void
"Tolerance is the difference between elitism and personal taste."

Politically Incorrect

ZippyConspiracy

• Dungeon Master
    • View Profile
Pat on the back!
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2008, 07:24:14 AM »
Thank you everyone who participated in the party on Lipalli Isle! I had toooons of fun, even if I died first in "Vampires". ;)

We should have parties like this more often, it was a blast, I stayed up 2 hours later than I had planned to. ((Happy Happy Sakes!))
Oh stuff'n'fluff!
Legacy Portrait Pack: {Last Updated: March 5, 2011}
If you have portraits you would like for me to add to the pack, please send them to ZippyConspiracy@live.com

Zodiac

• View Profile
Pat on the back!
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2008, 07:29:03 AM »
omg totally awesome Thanks everyone. Especially Sakes! Happy happy!

AelrynBloodmoon

• View Profile
    • http://forums.gleemax.com/leaving.php?destination=http://boards1.wizards.com/showpost.php%3Fp%3D1199
Pat on the back!
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2008, 07:50:19 AM »
Agreed likewise- I haven't gotten to play Never Have I Ever in a long time, much less with 10 people at the same time. Was a real blast- and the Vampire game was awesome too. :) Even if I was the first vampire to get lynched, we still sucked your blood out!

Talic wasn't quite naked when he went off, either! *Sticks out tongue*
"...If the opposing party does not respect you enough to show you his throat, find it and cut it out."

Sakes

• Probably my fault.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Pat on the back!
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2008, 08:10:15 AM »
I really want to thank everyone who came to the party and made it a success.  It was a memorable evening thats going to stay with me for awhile.

I really did mean what I said about you all being like a family to me, and I really appreciate all your support.

Now to get back to planning your demises.....
DM Cat is watching you roleplay.

NineCoronas

• View Profile
Pat on the back!
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2008, 08:25:07 AM »
I would've loved to be there, except I was involved in a local town social event.
Hopefully, I'll be available for the next one.
"A dagger in the night is worth a thousand swords at Dawn..."
Characters
Saares'si Bregthe - Scribe of Candlekeep, Slayer of the Magic Dancing Pants

Jocularity

• Dungeon Master
  • I'm on an Adventure!
    • View Profile
Pat on the back!
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2008, 08:44:08 AM »
Aww....  :(  Why do the best LotN Battles and fun times always happen at the same time as my RL battle and fun times?
"I didn't know they make Glow in the Dark Escalators..."

Zodiac

• View Profile
Pat on the back!
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2008, 01:56:26 PM »
There was no battle. Except for the imposter who killed NPCs and annoyed Tails. Sakes gave him many chances. There was no EXP giveaway other than massive amounts of rp xp and the experience of being apart of it, making new friends and getting our characters completely shit-faced.

But really it was a birthday party a mysterious guest, who later introduced himself to our characters as Sakes. There was dancing, drinking, food, and party games. I will personally say that even for a virtual party, never have I ever (lol) had such a good time.

Many thanks goes to Sakes for the good music...or rather lyrics.  Just curious did you c/p from real songs or write them yourself? More thanks for the game vampires which had us all paranoid and questioning who the vampires were. In the end the innocents lost because we ended up hanging the psychic. Oops.

Thanks to Goss and Arelyn for teaching most of us about Never Have I Ever. A drinking game I hope to gods I never play in real life.  ;) It was alot of fun getting my halfling completely sloshed and then having her dared to removed two pieces of clothing from Arundur.

Everyones character did a fantasic job and there were many out of character lols and many things learned about characters. Such as Talic and Vessan having both kissed men. Vessan is less of a shock seeing as he's a follower of Sharess.  

Thanks again. I really hope that there is another in future.

Sakes

• Probably my fault.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Pat on the back!
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2008, 03:14:45 PM »
Quote from: "Zodiac"

Many thanks goes to Sakes for the good music...or rather lyrics.  Just curious did you c/p from real songs or write them yourself?

I am not that creative....  Most of the songs I choose for IC are old Irish folk songs or newer Irish punk.  Sadly, I don't have a link for "The Gang's All Here" but heres the other two songs:

The Dirty Glass:

This is a song about two lovers reminiscing about the ups and downs of their relationship.  Lyrics had to be changed in two locations as we sadly do not have Pagers or ID cards in Faerun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CG-92Rz2os

The Fields of Athenry:

This song is about a Famine in Ireland and tells the story of a man who steals food to feed his family and is arrested and sent away to Australia on a prision ship.   Naturally I changed the final lyrics as theres no Botney Bay in Faerun.  I believe it was written in the late 1800s, or earily 1900s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10agPj0Vzu4

Flannignan's Ball:

Also, if anyone has heard Willian sing "Flannignan's Ball" thats a modernized version of another traditional Irish song originally called "Lanigan's Ball" and tells the story of a man who gets a large inheritance and throws a huge party where drinking and fighting ensue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq1Zp_gtUEo

Theres a bunch of good old Irish ballads that work well for Faerun especially since they generally focus on drinking and partying.  Irish culture is huge up here in Boston so I'm fortune enough to have been exposed to it.
DM Cat is watching you roleplay.

Zodiac

• View Profile
Pat on the back!
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2008, 08:55:00 PM »
Hey Tsu. This is for you!

Thanks so much for putting in so many hours giving us updates on what to expect, and then updating all the goodies for 1.69.

You rock.

Gossamer Faith

• View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/nattsvart/
Pat on the back!
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2008, 01:48:19 AM »
My hat goes off to Farcatch and Torin Rockfist.  You're both excellent when it comes to being creative and taking initiative with your characters.  Playing evil is simple—playing evil and moving forward, is not.

Torin

• Builder
    • View Profile
Pat on the back!
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2008, 04:54:21 AM »
Bullyson - very well played Paladin, his zealous behaviour gives warrant for fear. Never seen a Paladin played so well as that one. I'd like to give credit for him to sticking by his character in such a free-spirit server such as LOTN.

I dont suppose saying this would make you reconsider giving Duvo an exorcism? I dont think he could quite handle it.

Jocularity

• Dungeon Master
  • I'm on an Adventure!
    • View Profile
Pat on the back!
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2008, 06:14:30 AM »
Quote from: "Torin"
Bullyson - very well played Paladin, his zealous behaviour gives warrant for fear. Never seen a Paladin played so well as that one. I'd like to give credit for him to sticking by his character in such a free-spirit server such as LOTN.

I Second that!
"I didn't know they make Glow in the Dark Escalators..."

wynter_feline

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bekkerstead
Pat on the back!
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2008, 04:49:20 AM »
To Gosse on friday night (i think) and his shemale elf Vessan.  The accent pure rediculousness the acting even better I haven't laughed that hard in a while.  

To Bullyson and his paladin Lysander, you're such a good sport. Its not everyone who could go with the RP of having their holy symbol stolen, then taunted mercilessly whilst chasing around Vessan in camp, rediculous fooking accent and all.  And finally, having the mother of all insults to the punch, the holy symbol hidden down Vessan's shirt and then used for a bottle opener.

*standing ovation*
Thank you for supporting this imperialist establishment. Enjoy your purchase and have a racist day.

Gossamer Faith

• View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/nattsvart/
Pat on the back!
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2008, 12:54:08 PM »
13ROSES
Elanu has become a surprisingly good wall to bounce Sraeth against, contrasting and complementing him nicely, and allowing me a chance to develop and focus on his dualities.  Thank you.

Sakes
Though I -should- know better, having role played with you as much as I have, you still surprise and amaze me with the consistency and depth of your characters - Valas being the prime example.

Whitefeather
For the single most authentic reaction to Vessan's unfortunate genderbending, my hay goes off to you.  You managed to balance it quite well, the sheer queerness of his predicament - and his actual fears regarding it.