Author Topic: Name the Games  (Read 25258 times)

Oscer the Rogue

• View Profile
Name the Games
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2007, 06:17:43 PM »
Are all of you done already? Pfft..

Alyx Vance of Half-Life 2 Swatting at fary things.
~When your day is long.  And the night..When the night is yours alone.  When your sure you've had enough, of this life.. hang on.  Don't let your self go, cause everybody cries.

Everybody hurts.. sometimes.~

-R.E.M.

Ceronicous

• View Profile
Name the Games
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2007, 07:58:17 PM »
I already know almost all the answers, there's a copy of this with all the names added.

Except a few. Also, they named the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. guy Caleb from Blood, but that was just a mistake.
If history is to change, let it change.
If the world is to be destroyed, so be it.
If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.

Wids

• View Profile
Re: Name the Games
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2017, 01:11:47 PM »
Hi, I'm late.  Mind if I help finish this thing off a little more?   :P

Except a few. Also, they named the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. guy Caleb from Blood, but that was just a mistake.
Dude, that is totally Caleb from the Blood games!

See?

Also, more stuff that everyone else here missed:

Hekubah from Nox.

Patrick Galloway, the Gel'zabar Stone (hanging from his neck), the Scythe of the Celts and Lizbeth Covenant's severed head from Clive Barker's Undying.  (Even though the Scythe is the only weapon on Earth which can slay the undead Covenant siblings by decapitation, Lizbeth still keeps screeching and yapping and trying to bite Patrick after the Scythe takes her head off.  So Patrick smacks her across the cheeks, sets her head on fire and tosses it off a cliff.  That seems to do the trick.)

Bloodrayne from Bloodrayne.

Garrett from the Thief games, apparently carrying a portrait of Adolf Hitler from Wolfenstein 3D.

The Quake Marine from the original Quake, wielding the infamous Quake Axe.

Kurt Hectic from MDK.

...and the big, brown tentacle monster that they're both dealing with is Chernabog, the final boss from Blood II: The Chosen.  The aforementioned Caleb has to kill it, of course.

A Strogg Tank from Quake II.

Sarge from Quake III: Arena.

The Silencer from the Crusader games.

Nemesis from Resident Evil 3: Nemesis.

Princess Daphne from Dragon's Lair.

Cate Archer from the No One Lives Forever games.  (That particular outfit and hairstyle are what she rocks in NOLF 2: A Spy in HARM's Way.  The banana is also one of her weapons; enemies will slip on the peel, but so will Cate if you're not careful.)

A Lost Soul from the Doom games.

A Cyberdemon from the Doom games.

That's all I have for now.  Do I win anything?  :)

(I've actually played most of the games from this list; the only exceptions are Bloodrayne (watched someone else play it at a Gamestop, plus she's hugely famous), the Thief games (watched some YouTube videos), the original Quake (though I did buy and play Quakes 2 and 3), and both Crusader games (just read a few magazine articles about them).  My copy of Nox was just a demo version, but it got me sufficiently familiar with Hekubah.  I beat Blood II: The Chosen, I gave up on Blood (because I played Blood II first, and Blood was pretty underwhelming by comparison), I beat Clive Barker's Undying, I gave up on MDK after the Crawler kept shooting me out of the sky, I beat Dragon's Lair (both the arcade version and one of the home versions), I beat Quake II, I beat Quake III (which was just a series of deathmatches with no plot or story, so that kind of sucked), I beat Doom and Doom II, I beat Resident Evil 3 (and hearing that "Nemesis is nearby" music playing was often as scary as Nemesis himself popping up and chasing me down), I beat Wolfenstein 3D (all six episodes) and I beat both No One Lives Forever games (and uploaded several of my own Frapsed videos to my YouTube channel; the stage in NOLF 2 where you're fighting ninja women in a trailer park while a tornado is ripping up said trailer park is a real treat!).  I also beat American McGee's Alice, but one of y'all already beat me to that one.  :P )

(By the way, the "Dominatrix" from the Dungeon Keeper games is more formally called the Dark Mistress.  I beat Dungeon Keeper II too.)

Anyway, I play a lot of video games.  Think I have a problem?   ???
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 01:33:55 PM by Wids »