Poll

Keep the Stew house or get rid of it?

Keep it
18 (50%)
Get rid of it
18 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: May 05, 2007, 02:54:54 PM

Author Topic: Stew house: Keep it or not?  (Read 20049 times)

ZippyConspiracy

• Dungeon Master
    • View Profile
Stew house: Keep it or not?
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2007, 08:00:50 AM »
Quote from: "Eowarion"
Quote from: "ZippyConspiracy"
I haven't read what anyone has said because I am lazy.

Uhm... while I understand the laziness, isn't it more productive to read everything else said first, before commenting?  Better still, is it necessary to say you didn't read it?  That can come across as having an attitude, and be quite rude.

I meant it as a "I don't know if i'm repeating anything anyone says because I didn't want to read everything because I just woke up, but I thought I would speak my opinion."

"I haven't read what anyone has said because I am lazy" is just shorter. I am sorry if it came off as rude, I didn't mean it to.
Oh stuff'n'fluff!
Legacy Portrait Pack: {Last Updated: March 5, 2011}
If you have portraits you would like for me to add to the pack, please send them to ZippyConspiracy@live.com

Shanra

• Dungeon Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2007, 08:36:47 AM »
As Nighty said, that tent was probably the first thing ever laid down on this server.  It goes way back to TMB days because that actually used to be the starting area.  None of the NPCs were actually in the tent, but outside, except Christopher.  In there, you found all the info signs and things that are in the new starting area.  (Not all of them, but the important ones were there.)

So it is tradition, its always been there, and honestly, I don't really know what could replace it.  Another lesser known fact was that this place use to revolve around the anime called Record of Lodoss War (My fav) and such but nowadays we are in the Neverwinter Woods.  VERY few people actually travel in these woods because of the danger.  I really can't see a building going up, although I could see a few fortifications of an lesser extent.

There is also another great secret related to the tent that only a few of the oldest people know.  Sadly I don't think our current DMs even know this story, although it was set up by DMs of old.  ;)  If we want to be true to the server in the way of history, if that tent goes down..depending on what happens with that spot...some interesting things could happen.

Seadin

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2007, 01:06:50 AM »
Quote from: "Zodiac"
*snickers* That would probably be more profitable than the stew house. I know they would have several regular customers... however I don't think with this being a PG-PG13 ish server that a hooka tent would be allow <.<

I think Seadin's crudeness has at least brought the server up to PG-14 or 15

Torin

• Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2007, 01:12:26 AM »
I'd say keep it, its a part of the history of the server which is sometimes worth more than a small eye sore. I'd hate to see a huge empty space where the tent suddenly disappears. It's a focus point - everything happens around it.

tempestblue

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2007, 02:00:24 AM »
i agree with Torin. Don't mind the stew business moving out, and replaced by something else (i.e. change the tent interior), but I vote to keep the tent placeble, for nostalgia's sake. ;-)

wynter_feline

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bekkerstead
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2007, 02:36:33 AM »
While some things on the server do change we make as many attempts to stick to, or cling to I'm sure some of you will say . .to our roots.  Its courtesy and history that we tend to try and show an appreciation for of where this server actually came from.  Is the stew tent really that much of a big deal?
Thank you for supporting this imperialist establishment. Enjoy your purchase and have a racist day.

Zodiac

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2007, 03:23:10 AM »
yes.

but clearly it doesn't matter since everyone who is a DM is going to vote to keep it. So why should us little people care.

please delete the threads I've started other than the build one. Silly me to think we could make a difference.

Sarkonius

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2007, 06:10:36 AM »
Oh come come now, Zodiac, that's very depressive. *Pokes and gives a lollipop.*

Anywho I'd say serving editable food would be enough. xD Maybe then someone would actually RP eating there so at least it'd HAVE a use other than just Being there. ;P

*Edited in after reading through everyone else's posts.*

I think Eow actually has a point. The little "Camp" has been around for ages supplying newby adventurers and serving as a hub for such and a trading post for sometime now. An outpost wouldn't be that unlikely. The idea that most of those "Merchants" can probably throw down pretty hard is also Not Unlikely. Fess up they sit in the middle of nowhere cataring to only the weirdest forest running idiots in Faerun.

There's a lot of explanations available as to WHY it'd turn into an outpost.

For example- The outpost is a small one with minor fortifications tolerated by local druids for it's unerring ability to scoop up and send lost city-folk right back to the city. Also common for rangers to dump said lost people there. The merchants also use it as a trading post braving the forest deeps which the druids although hating civilization for what it is (afront to nature) tolerate because on the whole it isn't that intrusive and like afore mentioned comes in handy for everyone around it.

That'll keep it small because of intolerable druids, while letting you throw down some walls and explain why it's there and how come it's not going down.

....besides I think it'd be funny to see some random trouble making necromancer get clubbed. How many adventurers, obviously psychotic merchants, and weirdos wonder around camp every day? It'd be a tough place to really wipe out because of the sheer amount of post-epic people who regularly relax there from a literal sense. So Yeah Im with the throw up a few cabins and a little watch tower idea. No big giant walls etc. etc. just the basics of a small outpost. ;P

I mean I know of at least ONE epic character that regularly hangs around camp and know a few that do- to elaborate on afore mentioned points. You don't just walk up to a camp with that kind of clout lurking in it expecting to just Wipe it out like it was a joke. It's like reaching into a snake pit and trying to strangle all the rattlesnakes squirming around it- sure it's possible but chances are.....

So yeah outpost. *Nods and twiddles thumbs.*

Sounded logical to me. *Shrug.*

Original Image created by-Engelzorn.

Torin

• Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2007, 12:45:47 PM »
Quote from: "Zodiac"
yes.

but clearly it doesn't matter since everyone who is a DM is going to vote to keep it. So why should us little people care.

please delete the threads I've started other than the build one. Silly me to think we could make a difference.

Don't kick and scream everytime you dont get your way, Zodiac. There is perfectly legitimate reasons for keeping such things where they are - your just over-looking them because you can't put some things before yourself. That tent is a part of history... That is where people used to begin / login to. Sure, it may be an eyesore or a pet peeve to some, but despite that, some things wont just be removed because the majority desire it to be - some things are traditional to have... As insignificant it may seem to have a silly 'stew tent' removed, it removes the feeling of home for players.

Not to say that it wont be removed, it seems that the DM's opinions are just being blown out of proportion. Most seem - and i think only 3 DM's have posted, one who would go along with its removal - just seem to wonder what the big deal is.

The interior of the tent has been changed before - i think the real reason for it becoming a stew tent was because of how iritating Volo's chat log was, so he was thrown inside.

I think alot of people would understand better if 'useless eyesores' they considered important to them were being removed or changed. I know alot of people claim trees and tent-sides for their characters.

Meh, i can't see the big deal either - its a tent. A camp needs a tent. I like change myself - i wouldnt mind seeing some defenses around camp... I think i once requested it before with Caradus before he was with the ULA, or just when it was beginning. During the Naradran era.

Shade6.7

• Dungeon Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2007, 01:31:47 PM »
I am proud to say I showed the red white and blue and didn’t vote. I am also forced to admit I read about 2% of all the total posts.

Reasons for being or not being a tent, cabin, moving caravan, Taco stand are fairly plentiful in a world with flying, intelligent, fire breathing lizards of various colors and temperament.

Seems pretty divided on votes, doesn’t seem like every will be pleased…Hmm

*Flips a coin, votes tails…*

I feel so un-American…
Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Haldadae

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2007, 11:15:43 PM »
I'm just shocked that there are 28 votes at this time. Come on now, who made alternate accounts to vote more?  :P

Aliss

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2007, 11:38:24 PM »
What, a 2-to-1 winning proposition suddenly jumps to a dead heat?  What's there to be suspicious of?

Well, in all seriousness, nothing, but it looks too funny to pass up without comment.

On one side there are well-reasoned positions and sensical arguments.   On the other are closed-minded zealots with hidden agendas.  Assuming my paranoia-to-clarity ratio is accurate, just about 90% of you are wondering why I called you closed-minded.  :)
He never raised his voice. That was the worst thing -- the fury of the Time Lord -- and then we discovered why. Why this Doctor, who had fought with gods and demons, why he had run away from us and hidden... He was being kind.
We wanted to live forever. So the Doctor made sure we did

Shade6.7

• Dungeon Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2007, 01:16:05 AM »
As much as I hate to be the voice of reason, the newest registered user is still Sarkonius… And since he joined April 25th  and the post was created may 5th no one has created a new account to vote sololy on this thread.

Durr…
Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Haldadae

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2007, 01:44:52 AM »
That's why you spread out your registrations over a few months!

Chyelle

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2007, 02:42:29 AM »
Who would even think to do that?  Pure dodgy.