Author Topic: Happy 15th birthday, LotN!  (Read 7964 times)

Tails1879_

• Administrator
  • Raggle Fraggle!
    • View Profile
Happy 15th birthday, LotN!
« on: June 25, 2017, 08:01:51 AM »
... Okay, so I was a bit late on it. However, on the 22nd of June, 2002, the server as we know it launched under the name "The Magic Bubble". Although just about everyone has come and gone since, the server has had countless adventures and stories told within its walls. :D

Thank you guys for all the great times. If you ever feel like swinging by and hanging out, let some of us know. If I'm able, I'll gladly swing around if asked.
"Patrolling the North almost makes you wish for an Aurilite winter."

Skalden

• View Profile
Re: Happy 15th birthday, LotN!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 05:25:28 PM »
Aww not sure really what date i died first time out here with my first char a halfling named Buppi Billows, was on bubble first time probably some months after the release i gues as i looked around after a home and got hooked for a long time here. Never realy left bubble/legacy during the years though not in that foten nowadays exept when i get nostalgic :) tried to log in now but failed try again soon

Torin

• Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 07:50:12 PM »
Happy 15th Lotn, and to whomever else is lurking out there to see this. :)

Should try and rustle up a few people for an event some time

Wids

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 09:49:36 PM »
So I take it that The Magic Bubble wasn't a Forgotten Realms setting.  What was it about, and how did it become Legacy of the North?  :)

Torin

• Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 06:59:12 PM »
If i remember right it became a bit of both. There were areas in the game originally based on animes, i think. I was on the server a couple times before it became Lotn but i was mainly around for Lotn after the big wipe happened. I stuck about after that but don't know much about it beforehand.

I remember the old forum getting reset years ago which was a huge loss, all the story-related threads about the server & the characters got completely lost. That wouldn't been a goldmine of nostalgia to dig up, i reckon it'd even go all the way back to TMB at that stage.

Lotn probably came out of the need to reset the server and put somewhat of an item-restriction on characters. Everyone looked like christmas trees in the early days, although that wasn't uncommon on most NWN servers back then. Personally i always found it a nightmare designing areas around high-equip characters, i think that's how undead areas always got so popular, more durability lol.

alkmaar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 11:26:32 PM »
those where the days when players named mad assassins jumped out in camp........ and was killed instantly......
lolth

Skalden

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 04:14:07 PM »
I remember Buppi from Bubble she found a thunder hammer +5 she ran around with was a ranger, One memory i have was a Cave with some sort of witches in pretty hard first party got killed and everyone got a new party heading to resque the first party, even they died so third party was called in and managed to save the first onces. Think there was a pile of 20 dead chars at the entrence  quite fun. On legacy now ive seen some areas that was in on bubble aswell so very nostalgic :)

alkmaar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2017, 02:43:30 AM »

well its still 2017 so HAPPY BIRHDAY STILL! And cheers to ye al!

tempestblue

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2018, 02:39:46 AM »
I'm only a year and a month and a few days late, so.. Happy 16th birthday LOTN! *waves to all the familiar faces; awkward waves to all the familiar face I've forgotten*

Darkzealot

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2018, 03:23:21 PM »
Never too late to an ongoing party I guess =P
*wave* Hey, how you doing?
"You get the award for the most characters clogging the veins of the server, building up like a plaque filled aorta"- DM Daisy.

alkmaar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2018, 11:52:40 PM »
still playing now and then.. its easyer nowdays with the Epic salesman with some OP stuff
;=)

Vueluh

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2019, 11:03:53 PM »
And now happy 17th! I was active way back in the Magic Bubble days, a little halfling rogue who lived in camp and
 ran around with Jastra Starfall, Old Rig, and Rayne Night. Some of my fondest RP memories are still from the Bubble. I'm glad to see you're still around, as soon as I get my network back up and running I think Frin Undrer will be making her way back home!

Skalden

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2019, 07:10:57 PM »
Howdy people hows things?

:)