Author Topic: NWN EE has arrived to the North!  (Read 12688 times)

Darkzealot

• Administrator
    • View Profile
NWN EE has arrived to the North!
« on: March 27, 2018, 09:06:32 PM »
Hey guys, DZ here!
I just set up the server for NWN:EE, and should show up in the server lists for you all.
It requires the new CEP 2.65, found here: https://neverwintervault.org/cep

I hope to see you all (Any who read this message) again serverside. We'll have to see about planning in some quests and DM activity soon!

I am also working on transitioning the server from my ever-awake computer to a new home server I am setting up, which will hopefully be done in the next few weeks. As that happens the IP may change, but it should show up in the server lists regardless.
"You get the award for the most characters clogging the veins of the server, building up like a plaque filled aorta"- DM Daisy.

Darkzealot

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: NWN EE has arrived to the North!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 09:11:09 PM »
And for any of you returnees, your character vaults are saved and can be returned to you if you make a character and inform me (here or in the discord) of their unique name. And any who wish to voice chat or be able to message people on LotN, we've set up a discord server, found by the following link: https://discord.gg/0cbDTSKtGAhoU0d1

I also want to take this opportunity to thank any of you who return for being a part of our little family. I truly grew up with a lot of you guys, and LotN will always have a place in my heart. I am honored to keep hosting for as long as it serves.

/ DZ
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 09:13:06 PM by Darkzealot »
"You get the award for the most characters clogging the veins of the server, building up like a plaque filled aorta"- DM Daisy.

alkmaar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 04:31:49 AM »
Cheers
I will be in some more ( at least in the beginning ;=) )
I dragging at least 1 other player with me.. we see if he sticks around,,,,
he played in Palladium and magic Bubble.. so we try again..
thx for the link to CEP!
cheers alk

Poison_Mushroom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 01:08:53 PM »
Id be happy to jump back in for old times sake too.  Thanks for the links.

CLADIUS

fealhach2008

• "I hope that's chocolate."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 09:32:57 AM »
Downloading NWN:EE now. We're on our way!  ;D

Sooo...we can have our old characters? It'd be great, but I'm torn whether to keep them as is, start again with new versions of old characters or start new ones. What's the general consensus on the server?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 12:39:35 PM by fealhach2008 »

Tails1879_

• Administrator
  • Raggle Fraggle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 05:15:59 PM »
Downloading NWN:EE now. We're on our way!  ;D

Sooo...we can have our old characters? It'd be great, but I'm torn whether to keep them as is, start again with new versions of old characters or start new ones. What's the general consensus on the server?

Yup! All we need is the name of a newly made character and whatever account names you've used, and we'll dump the characters there. Speaking of which, Darkzealot seems to have handled it now if you'd like to check. :D
"Patrolling the North almost makes you wish for an Aurilite winter."

Melibeus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 05:38:08 AM »
I got myself NWN EE. It was good to see LotN still up and running.
I played a lot in TMB and Palladium and a little LotN for a while, I'm not sure if it was with this user name or Dr Saturn.

I see a few names I remember here like alkmaar and Cladius.
I heard about this from LastWordz who also said he'd poked his head in for a play.
I will try to be around a bit. Work is keeping me from playing a lot, but the bit of time I had in the server was good.

Thanks to the server admins and DMs for keeping this alive all these years.

Torin

• Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2018, 06:07:30 AM »
Thanks to the server admins and DMs for keeping this alive all these years.

+1

You should drop into the Discord channel, its been quite active since EE being released. Alot of people working in toolset to give the place a makeover for a return of serverlists. :) I only heard about EE being out on saturday, so i get the feeling alot of people haven't realized this came out, so i reckon we'll be due more old timers over the next while - aswell as the new players that have been dropping by. Logged into 10 players on the server list night. :D

Discord:
https://discord.gg/0cbDTSKtGAhoU0d1

Oh, i just noticed, was Palladium the name of the server before the Magic Bubble? I wondered if that was the only name.

Melibeus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 08:14:24 PM »
Palladium was a server created after The Magic Bubble by a few people from that server.
It was based on ideas and the world from the Palladium RPG rather than on a D&D world.

At the time NWN was pretty popular and so was The Magic Bubble, which was becoming painful to play in because of the number of idiots, griefers and evil insane drow running around. It became almost impossible to play any sort of decent RP.

Quite a few people in Palladium were TMB refugees.

Torin

• Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 09:16:49 PM »
I came around the end of Magic Bubble when they did the character wipes. Gossamer Faith happened to find me in one of the chat rooms as i was waiting for my old server to reboot. I'd heard the stories of TMB though, power-wise. I'd dropped in a couple times and was a little overwhelmed by the stuff going down in camp and didn't stick around.

Didn't know about the split off that made Palladium. Did they manage to survive the last bunch of years? I wondered would we even see any TMB vets with the release of EE. I don't think i ever met Perif, or it was extremely early on for me when he passed the server on. I wonder if he's ever looked to see if what he started is stick marching on all these years later.

Skalden

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2018, 04:44:46 PM »
Downloading sep and i hope i remember how to Place the files out :)

Skalden

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2018, 05:55:59 PM »
Hi
About Palladium we did survive for quite some time but some issues among the older staff made it explode and most people left, i was one of the last that took over to help running it to the end, we even made a good atempt to remake it into nwn2, got the World up for testing but it all ended as we got to few to handle it.  to bad really it looked great.
Still sad about the amount of hours spent for nothing lol

Alkmaar even made a great perofmace as dm :)

Skalden

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2018, 06:16:40 PM »
Hi again
i better ask this EE stuff do i need to buy/download anything to get it to work? as the latest adress fail to log me in

Tails1879_

• Administrator
  • Raggle Fraggle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2018, 08:39:57 PM »
Hi again
i better ask this EE stuff do i need to buy/download anything to get it to work? as the latest adress fail to log me in
What issue are you running into? Is it saying you didn't download or install something? Make sure you are installing CEP into the new "My Documents / Neverwinter Nights" folder instead of the game's basic install folder.
"Patrolling the North almost makes you wish for an Aurilite winter."

Torin

• Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2018, 10:33:54 PM »
Hi
About Palladium we did survive for quite some time but some issues among the older staff made it explode and most people left, i was one of the last that took over to help running it to the end, we even made a good atempt to remake it into nwn2, got the World up for testing but it all ended as we got to few to handle it.  to bad really it looked great.
Still sad about the amount of hours spent for nothing lol

Alkmaar even made a great perofmace as dm :)

Aye, that sounds quite familiar - we had alot of discussion on here back in the day when NWN2 came out, but it fizzled out. To be honest i don't think anyone desired to move to nwn2 beyond a graphical overhaul and i feel these instrinct were right. To this day NWN1 has always had at least double the playerbase as NWN2, so i feel as though everyones instincts were spot on for that game.

PS: Are you using our server short-cut on the forums to log in? It isn't updated atm. You'll need to goto internet games and just join Legacy of the North the old fashion way. :P

I was just curious if the Palladium server kept ticking. It's hard to see how many servers survived the master servers removal. We're been fortunate here to have a few people willing to take the reigns, even through years of inactivity. Blessed are we, for sure. :)