Author Topic: Information Request: Guild(s)  (Read 5087 times)

Valsharessbarra

• View Profile
Information Request: Guild(s)
« on: January 17, 2011, 06:44:57 PM »
I have been searching throughout the forums and whether I failed my Search Check or it simply doesn't exist... I do not know but:

Is there a list of obtainable guilds, factions, et cetera that players can join according to class/race/alignment? Whether here on the forums or in-game I have no idea what may be out there as an option. Though exploration I have uncovered Cloak Tower and Rogue's Guild... But is there an assassin's guild out there? A church of Shar? What about the Arcane Brotherhood?

Further more, if there is no list with which to link... could a list be made?

I humbly thank you (any of you) who respond to this post, and am most sorry if this post is in the wrong place. :P

Neutral_Zone

Re: Information Request: Guild(s)
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 11:09:29 PM »
Well, let's see...

Rogues' Guild - Guess you found this one already. Anyone with rogue levels can join.

Cloaktower - You've also found this one! Anyone with wizard or sorcerer levels can join. Bards really should be able to join, but, well... Eh, the scripts aren't set up for it. Ask a DM.

Mercenary Guild - This is in the City Core, where you go to hand in those severed heads. Talk to Karin the receptionist about it. Anyone under level 4 can join, but if you're higher than that level, having cleric, paladin, sorcerer, or wizard levels will get you rejected. You'll then need a DM help to join. At least, as far as I know, that's how it seems to work.

Arcane Archers' Guild - This one is in the Kryptgarden forest where the elven settlement is. You need levels in the Arcane Archer prestige class to join.

Bard Hall - Well, this one is for bards. The only problem is that it isn't really finished, so nobody can join yet (or even get inside) without DM help. I've seen the inside, and it looks very nearly done, but... I guess it's missing a couple resources.

Westing Lokk Knights - This one is player-run. However, I'm not really sure if we're gonna keep it up since the captain (and his player) is missing, and, well, the keep kind of got overrun and now lies abandoned and heavily tainted.

Hope this helps  ;)

Wids

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 10:32:41 PM »
Pardon the necro, but I didn't want to make poor NZ type all of this information out again.

Mercenary Guild - This is in the City Core, where you go to hand in those severed heads. Talk to Karin the receptionist about it. Anyone under level 4 can join, but if you're higher than that level, having cleric, paladin, sorcerer, or wizard levels will get you rejected. You'll then need a DM help to join. At least, as far as I know, that's how it seems to work.
Apparently, having Druid levels will get you rejected from the Mercenary Guild too; Jennsie Rae's a Druid/Ranger, and I don't think it's the Ranger levels which "don't scream mercenary" about her.  I may as well try the Cloak Tower next.

I may have asked about churches and other joinable factions at some point.  I'm pretty rusty with my Aurora toolset, but what about the idea of, for example, turning Tyr's temple into a faction which Lawful, non-Evil characters with Levels in divine classes can join?  Perhaps the same can be done with Loviatar's House of Pleasure and Pain (Lawful, non-Good), Umberlee's and/or Auril's temples in Luskan (either Chaotic/non-Good or Evil/non-Lawful), Lathander's temple (just plain non-Evil), a shrine to Corellon in Kryptgarden (either Chaotic/non-Evil or Good/non-Lawful) and so on, for whichever other temples we have lying about?  It might be an idea for doing something with Myrkul's (apparently abandoned or neglected) temple in the Forgotten Crypt of the Old Tombs as well.

Neutral_Zone

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 12:44:50 PM »
I guess I forgot about druids when I made that post, heh. Rangers and barbarians should have no problem though. Not sure about monks, I think they can still join.

We had thoughts to make the Church of Lathander a joinable group once upon a time, but the plans got scrubbed for one reason or another. I forget why, exactly; would probably take hours of digging through old posts to figure out. As it stands right now though, the effort potentially put into the module simply isn't worth it. We have only very few active players at the moment, and unless we can bring that back up again, or you're willing to do the module work yourself, I don't see things changing.

Wids

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 08:23:15 PM »
Well, as far as drawing more players to the server, I did notice that LotN's not mentioned on NWN List anymore....

http://www.nwnlist.com/#

Also, here's a pat on the back for LotR, via Iscandar.  I hope it works.  :)

http://www.iscandar.ch/server.php?ip=83.251.82.197&port=5121&template=black