Author Topic: What do you do while not on LotN?  (Read 7898 times)

Tails1879_

• Administrator
  • Raggle Fraggle!
    • View Profile
What do you do while not on LotN?
« on: August 14, 2009, 11:31:45 AM »
Just a little time waster topic about different time wasters. As the topic states, what do you people do, or play, instead of just playing Neverwinter Nights on LotN? (especially during the downtime, like recently)

Myself, I've been getting a bit of love from 4X games, getting in touch with Master of Orion 2 and Civilizations 4. I even picked up Galactic Civilizations 2 (Ultimate) rather recently, and it ain't bad for a single-player-only game. Love the witty comments, and the teddy bear minor race like this. The only problem is learning the tricks of the game before being surrounded and blockaded. :roll:

What about you? Any hobbies, games, or other activities? (No, I don't want to know about the stash in C:\My Docs\Faxes\Sent Faxes)
"Patrolling the North almost makes you wish for an Aurilite winter."

NWoutcast

• Administrator
  • Sakes did it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 11:34:23 AM »
I spend my days working at the Support Center, smoking hookah, and the occasionally night of heavy drinking with some dancing and darts thrown in.

Kattze

• Administrator
  • No! Not the bees!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 11:36:44 AM »
Sex and rock and roll
THOSE ARE MY SHOES
GIVE THEM BACK
YOU ARE A DOG
THEY DON'T EVEN FIT

Jocularity

• Dungeon Master
  • I'm on an Adventure!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 10:33:27 PM »
When i'm not busy with sickness, family visits, and classes that go until most people have logged off, like i am currently? Hm, ok, let me think.

I usually wait at the top of the cliffs, watching the sea and waiting for my long lost lover to come home. She was a ship's captain with an adventurous crew who coveted the treasures of Ak'yodo'et'we. She looked fantastic as she boarded the ship with all her equipment, and shiney muskets and cutlasses. I so dearly wish i had gone with her that day, but it was my job to safeguard the mausoleum of Kanrovwe from the daemons who eternally threaten to breach the borders of reality there. Its been 2 years since she left, far too long. But i'll never give up hope, i say! Never!

And other times i spontaneously make up fictional things without a single grain of truth behind them.
"I didn't know they make Glow in the Dark Escalators..."

ZippyConspiracy

• Dungeon Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 11:18:03 PM »
Recently I've been taking care of myself and my kitty cat. I have to pump water under his skin every evening as well as give him a bunch of pills and some yucky laxatives. Bleh! But before I got busy with sickness in the house...

I hung out with my friends a lot, go on long walks with family or alone, watch history channel, read random psychology books, and go thirft store shopping! Uhm, lately I haven't been able to do much of that, though. :(
Oh stuff'n'fluff!
Legacy Portrait Pack: {Last Updated: March 5, 2011}
If you have portraits you would like for me to add to the pack, please send them to ZippyConspiracy@live.com

theMannequin

• View Profile
    • In your wildest imagination
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 07:44:41 AM »
I'm a shutterbug.  I take photos when I can with my Kodak Easy Share 812.  Almost all of them are scenic shots, in particular at dawn or dusk.  Sunrise and sunset are incredible around here.

I also have a stack of books that I've gotta read, including a few in the Dressden Files, and a couple of Sue Grafton novels.  And there's writing.
“Thet's what I'm gunnin' fer.  Panny.  Kin ya check an' see if Ming's over at the church.  Git 'im an' bring 'im here.  I got me a godsdamned plan!"  Shani Wennemein, from I Am The Law, The Adventures of Black Mask & Pale Rider.

NWoutcast

• Administrator
  • Sakes did it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 08:37:08 AM »
I also like to ponder where I would go and what I would do in case of the apocalyptic event of a zombie infestation.

ObViews

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 09:30:12 PM »
I spend my days designing games, and my evenings on a bike and kayak while my comp is broken with a wierd, hardware-failure-when-trying-to-do-3D issue and waiting for a new one.

Zodiac

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 01:52:41 PM »
A month ago, I would had said played the sims 3 non stop.

Recently: Taking care of my son, working for michael's Arts and Crafts. Looking after the rest of my family. Writing, blogging. Slowly getting back into LoTN.

PinkEvil

• View Profile
    • http://www.keramika.dk/
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 03:43:50 PM »
I sail Viking ships, climb trees, play Magic and drive Shade nuts  8)

Allow me to present: the good ship Lindheim Sunds.
Mistress of Guf

Drewskie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2009, 12:10:28 AM »
Reading alot and lifting weights.  I want to get my weight up to 230-240 lbs or so... currently 208.  Finished "To Kill a Mocking Bird", one the rare times I've picked up a classic recently, but have gotten back into fantasy/sci-fi with a Poul Anderson book.

Believe it or not started playing through Diablo2 with a necromancer character.  lol

Been fool'n around in the toolset with projectQ stuff occasionally... it rocks...it is the future.  I should be working on something else, of course, but this summer has been extremely distracting due to work and some other issues.

Jocularity

• Dungeon Master
  • I'm on an Adventure!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 02:12:45 AM »
"I didn't know they make Glow in the Dark Escalators..."

Dengar

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2009, 03:06:13 PM »
When not leaving for a weekend up at a cottage, or camping in the middle of winter, I fancy myself a musician, I read, I write poetry, I play Magic, walk around forest preserves, and drink and smoke, alot!

Other than that, life is as mundane as anyone elses
"I'm not talking about Self destruction"

Jim Jones

Haldadae

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009, 04:40:24 PM »
- I'm working my way through some books about how to write more gooder stuff.

- Learning XML

- Drawing a very large map (I love old maps :) )

TertTheSwift

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/a_guy_named_miles
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2009, 10:48:29 PM »
I read, I do lots of different physical stuff... I build things of small to medium sizes from leather and wood... I memorize electrical building codes, and I drive back and forth. Way too much.

Now and then I spend some time going horseback riding, but not nearly as much as I do shoveling the associated feces.
Two to tango, one to sin.