Author Topic: Thanks for the Good Times  (Read 4522 times)

Kattze

• Administrator
  • No! Not the bees!
    • View Profile
Thanks for the Good Times
« on: February 02, 2009, 12:12:51 AM »
When we bring in the New Year we reflect on the past, the good and the bad, the things we’re thankful for and the regrets. For LOTN we’ve had over 6 years of fun and adventure.  We’ve had Cyric’s clergy digging up the forest from its roots and needling their way into the city politics, dragon battles and confrontation with no guarantee the characters would get out with their lives! We killed Lord Nasher of Neverwinter which reigned in new uncertainty and terror in the city, the players having a strong hand in deciding the fate of the region yet again.  

We’ve had a player go vigilante when the DM activity was low and proceed to maim the entire server’s population to prove a point (And get banned but come back under an alias to save the server from a dark point, who has never openly been thanked.  So thank you!).  We’ve welcomed new players with open arms, put them in the spotlight and watched amazing thing happen like the destruction of Roid, we’ve had the darkest of villains and the valorous heroes who’s stories are still being told if you stay long enough around the fire and have an open ear.

But we never did solve the boundless badger population...

The server has also had a lot of DMs over the years, some great and some not so great, but all were willing to help make the server a populous and fun place.  It seems when server activity is low and things seem grim someone steps up and offers to help bear the burden and I think that is something great about the history of LOTN.  I also think my favourite times on the server were without DMs and the players spawned their own fun!

If you haven’t guessed by now I’m writing this post to give back my shiny DM badge and return to that crazy real world we all log on to the server to escape for a while.  As the title says, thank you for the good times and keep creating history.
THOSE ARE MY SHOES
GIVE THEM BACK
YOU ARE A DOG
THEY DON'T EVEN FIT

Sakes

• Probably my fault.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 12:59:08 AM »
:shock:   :?    :(     :cry:
DM Cat is watching you roleplay.

tsunami282

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 01:59:02 AM »
*takes the badge, polishes it gently, and places it in a velvet-lined case*

Thank you, Kattze, for all the time and effort you've put into the server, as a builder, player, and DM. I hope you find time to stop in occasionally and play. We'll miss you.
"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." -- Abraham Lincoln

Zodiac

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 03:57:09 AM »
We'll miss you, woman. Lot of good times on the server. Thanks for all the hard work. Enjoy the real life game.

Whitefeather50

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 05:19:41 AM »
Aaw, you better not completely disappear. *shakes fist*
 Miss ya already however, understand that whole RL thing I seem to be lacking.

Shanra

• Dungeon Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 05:31:44 AM »
You will always be my mango. I too, though never officially handed in my shiny badge, have gone the way of real life.  There have been a great many good times here, with a great many people.  I will never forget the Evil Were Penguin of Doom, or using Time Stop when it used to stop the whole server, just to get an advantage in a poking fight.

I've made some memorable characters that I really love here.  And I'm still around now and then as a player, but I too, want to express my thanks to everyone, past and present, for all the good times!

Darkzealot

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 02:53:33 PM »
I'll be sorry to see you go Kattze, I hope you manage to find time to come visit and all that, and the best of luck in the real world. =]
"You get the award for the most characters clogging the veins of the server, building up like a plaque filled aorta"- DM Daisy.

Dengar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 03:53:41 PM »
Be well, and see you soon
"I'm not talking about Self destruction"

Jim Jones

Linna Vot

• +80 CON
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 02:02:33 AM »
you will be missed. thanks, kattze. :)
Rawr.

TertTheSwift

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/a_guy_named_miles
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 07:37:26 PM »
Indeed, Kattze. Your quests and your company have been a great pleasure.

I wish you all the best in this world of ones and zeroes, in the real world, and in the ever-blurring zone of distinction between.
Two to tango, one to sin.

NWoutcast

• Administrator
  • Sakes did it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 12:54:00 AM »
Kattze its been a honor and privilege even if you killed me a few times. Thank you for all you have done for the server and I hope sometime you can find the time to pop in and tell us all hello. You better still be on MS woman!

Zodiac

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 01:20:08 PM »
Whitefeather twisted my arm and turned me into a liar. :(

Dengar

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 02:15:03 PM »
=(
"I'm not talking about Self destruction"

Jim Jones